GDT: Caps @ Canes Apr 2/13 7pm

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I bet the forward lines will stay the same but it will be interesting to see the D.

I would hope 55 doesn't get a sweater and pray that Erskine is ready.

I'd prefer Orlov over Hillen but Oates seems to think highly of Hillen most likely because of his handedness.

mdurbin1234

Nov 6, 2012
Would have to think Kundratek is returning tonight? He was activated off IR on saturday...

Please

Then again... Double nickel was only a few goals shy of a hat trick last game...

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If 55 is on the ice tonight I'm turning the TV off. Can't watch that bum's face.

I'd be shocked if he was. He was pretty bad against Philly.

Bold prediction...Jason Chimera doesn't suck tonight.

If there is one guy who should be getting heat its 25. His confidence is absolutely shattered right now. Our bottom 6 isn't providing much offense and he is the main culprit really. He needs a couple breaks to go his way and has to get back to playing a physical game.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Appears Wolski will be a scratch. Will be interesting what D-Man will be a scratch, with Kundratek and Erskine apparently ready or near ready to play Caps will have a surplus of d-men (Green, Alzner, Carlson, Olesky, Schultz, Erskine, Kundratek, Hillen, Orlov). Wondering if a surplus d-man is in play if GMGM makes a move at all at the TDL.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'd be shocked if he was. He was pretty bad against Philly.

Bold prediction...Jason Chimera doesn't suck tonight.

If there is one guy who should be getting heat its 25. His confidence is absolutely shattered right now. Our bottom 6 isn't providing much offense and he is the main culprit really. He needs a couple breaks to go his way and has to get back to playing a physical game.

It would be nice for him to show up. At the same time I think he is struggling because he doesn't suit Oates' system... at all. He worked well under Bruce because Bruce was high on scoring on the transition. Thats where his speed came in handy. Oates wants to score as a process. He wants to be able to cycle the puck and create scoring chances. And Chimmers seems to be horrible along the boards. He can't seem to possess the puck well either.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
It would be nice for him to show up. At the same time I think he is struggling because he doesn't suit Oates' system... at all. He worked well under Bruce because Bruce was high on scoring on the transition. Thats where his speed came in handy. Oates wants to score as a process. He wants to be able to cycle the puck and create scoring chances. And Chimmers seems to be horrible along the boards. He can't seem to possess the puck well either.

I can see that being part of the problem. But he was good under Hunter and DH was against scoring goals (I'm pretty sure this was the case).

The biggest thing is I don't see him hitting nearly as much and he needs to get back to that.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So Carolina just picked up Marc Andre Bergeron from TB for Adam Hall and a 7th rounder. Doubt Bergeron would be in the line up tonight.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
According to Katie: Holtby will start, Erskine game time decision and if he dresses will require a roster move.

Also

Michal Neuvirth said he started feeling better late in the day Sunday after a long nap.:biglaugh:

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
According to Katie: Holtby will start, Erskine game time decision and if he dresses will require a roster move.

Also

Michal Neuvirth said he started feeling better late in the day Sunday after a long nap.:biglaugh:

trade the bum

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

Also

I wonder if Brock Myles has to warm up his Gatorade bottle before games?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Require a roster move heh, I am thinking Erskine stays out until the deadline passes. If not, I am banking on Kundratek on a conditioning assignment. Do not wave Volpatti.

While they may have been planning to demote Oleksy at some point, him popping Giroux parlaying into 2PPG's last game probably made it tougher for George to decide what to do about the crowd on defense. Do not demote Oleksy!

We have too many dmen. You can never have enough dmen, we know George. But you never have enough top 4 grade dmen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad