Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canes | 11/28/21 | 1:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I always felt like Bruce blowing a fuse in a big game/playoffs worked against the Caps. The team follows the personality of the coach. I think Rod going nuts hurts his team.
I went back and looked at it — Protas was offsides before he got his stick whacked. I wish he wasn’t — but he was. So his venom was warranted. Whistle should have blown before the penalty.

That said? Rod can go screw a donkey. His a-holeness contributed to the refs swallowing the whistle on the offsides.

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
I went back and looked at it — Protas was offsides before he got his stick whacked. I wish he wasn’t — but he was. So his venom was warranted. Whistle should have blown before the penalty.

That said? Rod can go screw a donkey. His a-holeness contributed to the refs swallowing the whistle on the offsides.

Yeah, the video shows him offside...and right in front of the Carolina bench.A whistle there and there is no slash call.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015

no cap touched the puck while off side tho. So the play was and still should have been live.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Saw this on Japers... wow if this is real, the Canes marketing/promotion/PR/social media people have way too much time and rent space on hand :laugh:

Reactions: koalabear9301

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
What tha????

Yeah at least Carolina is honest about their trolling :laugh:

But still trolls

Screenshot_20211128-222150_Chrome.jpg

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Didnt Protas have the puck on his stick when it was dismembered?
No. He was about to collect/touch it from the boards which then should have been offside… not sure if the linesman would have picked up on it. Either way.. he never touched it. It should have been a delayed offside which is a live play and you can’t hack at a guys stick. This is just an easily called penalty no matter how you look at it.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Think you need to run the same lines on Tuesday. CMM looked better at Wing and I’d like to see another game in that configuration. What i can’t figure out is where is Sheary in his recovery/return. He was never put on IR and was listed as a healthy scratch with no injury designation.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Watching the goal scoring replays you can see some pretty poor play by cholo and I doubt he’s gonna be a regular player

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Watching the goal scoring replays you can see some pretty poor play by cholo and I doubt he’s gonna be a regular player
Yep… only played 13:37 and was a -1. Really hoping his play picks up with a couple more games. We are going to need him as a depth dee come playoff time.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yep… only played 13:37 and was a -1. Really hoping his play picks up with a couple more games. We are going to need him as a depth dee come playoff time.

He's a young player who didnt play his first 20 games. Under the best of circumstances he is going to struggle.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Think you need to run the same lines on Tuesday. CMM looked better at Wing and I’d like to see another game in that configuration. What i can’t figure out is where is Sheary in his recovery/return. He was never put on IR and was listed as a healthy scratch with no injury designation.

Sheary was in a non contact jersey on Saturday. He would not have had a contact practice before the Carolina game, so, I cant imagine he was available.

Edit: From Samantha....Conor Sheary remains out with an upper-body injury and has not played in the past four games, but he traveled for this two-game road trip.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Doesn't matter if he's offsides or not, things that happen between whistles can be called as well and every player is responsible for themselves and their actions through the entirety of the contest. So who cares? Shit like that happens all the time, they're just salty.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It's a pretty bizarre, one-sided "rivalry". No one in the DC area really cares or talks about the Canes. The Caps are living in their heads rent free.

The rivalry only need go the one way for that one side to use it for their own benefit. If Canes fans hate the Caps, the Canes will use it

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Sammy is 9-0-1 ... and looking good doing it.

This years brand of hockey is so much faster and fluid vs the last couple of years. I think losing Dillon and Chara has been a blessing. D men can all handle the puck and jump up in the play. Jensen yesterday pinching up and drawing that penalty on a breakaway.

Seems like our penalties are way down as well. good defense. good goaltending.

All this without Backstrom, Oshie, Mantha and dowd/eller in and out.

Reactions: um
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad