Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canes | 11/28/21 | 1:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think it clearly shows we need to keep the young guys in and the team speed up especially when they can beat teams like the Panthers and hurricanes and seeing what they did on the West Coast trip

There is no reason to mess with this team past trying to fit the injured guys back in when ready

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I lived in Raleight for 8 years (1990-1998). Had season tickets for the ECHL Raleigh Ice Caps. Then had inaugural season tickets for Canes for 1998 and 1999 when they played in Greensboro. Moved to Charlotte and had to give them up. But now, F them!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I think the biggest difference I see between him and VV is the athleticism and the fact that he plays bigger. When he is in the butterfly he covers more of the net than Vanecek does.
Yes!

Also, this was probably Sam’s most calm game I’ve seen. He still loses the net at times and doesn’t play the puck that well, but his rebound control was great tonight. A well-deserved third star today.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but when Fucale got his chance in Washington, he cited that it was really getting his head right and high level of focus on the right things. Seems like Sammy is becoming more mentallly strong. If he can get that right his game will continue to climb.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think it clearly shows we need to keep the young guys in and the team speed up especially when they can beat teams like the Panthers and hurricanes and seeing what they did on the West Coast trip
We need some young guys but we could use some vets back.
Eller isn't one of the vets we needed back.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I think when players feel like they are getting jobbed, they lose focus. I dont think that is the right way to motivate
It may not be always the right way, but he isn't standing behind the bench with his arms crossed
OIP.MVOQjXnhxpCc5gA0m_K-kAHaEJ

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
There really aren’t any weak spots on this team right now. I give a lot of credit to Lavi and staff for coaching them up and running the system to perfection. Kudos to Hershey for getting the youngins ready to step in (and contribute). And kudos to GMBM for allowing people to develop and not just go sign older vets. I don’t think we need to make any moves. now that could change as we near the deadline as there will be ups and downs. But really enjoying the good times right now!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
What? We gave up a 2-0 lead and we're out shot by a wide margin. And we didn't manage the puck very well at all.
We got saved by 2 late penalties against the Canes.

We were definitely trying to hold the lead. After the Canes tied it up, we started pressing again as evidenced by Jensen pushing hard for that breakaway and subsequent penalty draw.

That was a penalty because of the fact that we were pushing.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Opposite ends of the same coin. Both are bad. Going berzerk isn't the way to go. Bringing Reirden into it doesnt change anything
Looking at what RB has done with that team since he has got there and how they play, I would say he is doing something right in regards to motivation. Not saying its always right or the perfect way, but I'd take his style over a lot of coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad