GDT: Caps @ Bruins | 10/11/14 | 7 PM | CSN

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Yanno, so far, I'm okay with how the PP is set up. If Green still gets half the PP on unit 2, I think he'll get his. That grouping becomes more about him while PP1 is obviously all about Ovi.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I was actually impressed with NESN giving Ovy the praise all night. Normally I hear a lot of homerism on NESN, but tonight was refreshing.

I was about to say that, very good to see considering Joe B and craig give praise to the opposition all the time

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
While still learning a new system. I hate Oates even more now. He better not be at the legends classic game. If he is, I hope fans throw trash at him, as harsh as it sounds.

It is harsh but totally justified, he has sent this organisation back 10 years when they should be at presidents cup levels.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
I forgot what it was like to see #19 and #8 getting regular ES chances.

I also forgot what it was like to enjoy watching Caps games....

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Kuznetsov needs to step up and play smarter. Burakovsky-Kuznetsov makes the most sense for line two and it's there for the taking. He just has to take it.

Fair point, but Kuzya is just too supremely talented to playing with a guy no one even heard of before the season on the 4th.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
no hurry. as long as 90 is playing as well as he is, I doubt seriously they demote him

Fanboys need to settle down. We just shut out the B's 4-0 and they're still whining.

Let the coach do his job. Root for the team instead of playing time for favorite players.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I was actually impressed with NESN giving Ovy the praise all night. Normally I hear a lot of homerism on NESN, but tonight was refreshing.

NESN is always like that. Edwards makes some dumb comments occasionally but he's much more unbiased than most local commentators.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
This was a damn good win!

3rd period lockdown was excellent. 1st line had a solid game.

And there's still a lot of improvement to look forward to:
1. Team getting more comfortable with Trotz's systems
2. Orlov & Wilson coming back to add a big doze of skill and nasty
3. Kuz and Bura continuing to improve.

Looks like the first Caps regular season that will be fun to watch since BB's glory days.

edamer

Feb 22, 2012
Kuznetsov needs to step up and play smarter. Burakovsky-Kuznetsov makes the most sense for line two and it's there for the taking. He just has to take it.
What do you mean? I haven't seen anything not smart about his play this short season. If you don't mean his innate russianigmaticness

butters8814*

Great game by this team, i hope its going to be like this all year

Burakovsky95*

didnt saw it...wat did lucic do to green to get thrown out ?

Green laid him out with a maybe questionable hit that didn't get a call. Puck went down the ice but Lucic decided he'd rather make his team shorthanded than play actual hockey by chasing Green down and cross-checking him.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Now thats how you play boys, I can't even remember the last time I saw a 60 minute hard played game, this may have been pretty close to it. A few gaffs here and there but overall very impressive and I think they'll get better. As I said before, we are severely underrated this year.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Nice Win! Holtby looking good. Trotz in his post game remarks thought the Caps had a better game against Montreal. I'm gonna like Trotz.

Impressed with Nate Schmidt's play tonight as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad