Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
+++Orlov/Jensen, our best pair tonight and it wasn't even close
+++Vrana, he is an every day star player
++Oshie, an occasional boneheaded play on either blue line, great otherwise
++Holtby, great stretch of hockey for him after a putrid start
+Hathaway/Dowd/Leipsic, nice to have this 4th line back
+Kuznetsov, I've ripped into him on many occasions in the past but he has been solid
+Eller, centered our best line by a mile
0vechkin, watching him try to handle the puck is giving me an eye twitch, ugly game all around but he scored
-Wilson, didn't notice him at all and that's not a good thing
-Carlson/Kempny, some signs of struggle for this pair for the last few games
--Gudas/Siegenthaler, these two have no business being on he ice against Kucherov/Point

Stephenson and Expensive Stephenson also participated in this game or so says the scoresheet. We'd be just as well off if BMac gave the $3.8m to the sick and the poor instead.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It’s crazy we know this team isn’t as good as we know it can - and they haven’t even clicked as a team yet - and they’re freaking 18-4-5.

We are SO spoiled haha

Its mental. They expect win. Its been that way in the RS for years. They just expect to win all the games. I think that has finally translated into their playoff game. I think they fully expected to win against Carolina and expect to win the cup this season.

There are some holes in the execution of this new game that Reirden has them playing. They have a nearly new defense playing a game where the defense is all in. They don't ever trap like the Trotz team.

Its just my opinion but I think this team is scaring the crap out of the league.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It’s crazy we know this team isn’t as good as we know it can - and they haven’t even clicked as a team yet - and they’re freaking 18-4-5.

We are SO spoiled haha

Ok I just went back through every Caps season on hockey reference and the Cap have never gone 27 games with only four regulation loses. The closest was '09-'10 when they had five reg losses in their first 30 games.

I still think we should fire Reirden. ;)

I don't thing it means anything in the long run but it is still kind of impressive.

Last edited:

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Ok I just went back through every Caps season on hockey reference and the Cap have never gone 27 games with only four regulation loses. The closest was '09-'10 when they had five reg losses in their first 30 games.

I still think we should fire Reirden. ;)

I don't thing it means anything in the long run but it is still kind of impressive.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Don't you start with this Reirden ****, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Its mental. They expect win. Its been that way in the RS for years. They just expect to win all the games. I think that has finally translated into their playoff game. I think they fully expected to win against Carolina and expect to win the cup this season.

There are some holes in the execution of this new game that Reirden has them playing. They have a nearly new defense playing a game where the defense is all in. They don't ever trap like the Trotz team.

Its just my opinion but I think this team is scaring the crap out of the league.
I agree. It's clear they can play even better than they have most recently. It also means that every team views them as a measuring stick, gets pumped up to play them, and brings their best to the game. That, in turn, means the Caps have the record they do despite the toughest schedule, most or nearly most road games, and competition that is extra motivated to beat them every night.

But they also don't have the kind of effortless dominance feeling about them that either '09-10 team or last year's Bolts had. They have to try hard for every win, and they have work to do on their execution individually and as a group. All of which is good.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Highly entertaining game. No one in the arena seemed to know Vrana had scored except for me and Jake (ok, maybe a few others). Orlov gave a nice little shimmy to the inside that moved Vasi off the post, and then he sniped it short side. Really a pretty stylish move. And speaking of stylish, Kucherov is pretty fun to watch - we had no answer for him all night

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
dare i say it, holtby looks like he's high as a kite skating out there. it's really bad. what is he doing out there

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Good game, pretty entertaining for the most part but positioning and overall game in their own end is pretty bad, even irritating at times. How the hell they gonna win playoff games with that is a rhetorical question.

He needs to do something. Gudas and Jensen are not going to cut it.
I thought Jensen was ok yesterday. Gudas I thought played one of his shakier games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad