Post-Game Talk: Caps/Bolts - 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Bolts fans saying they badly outplay the Caps - which is hilarious.

Caps missed so many chances, out hit them 2-1 (which wore them down in 3rd when Caps took over), out shot them by 5 overall, and had half the amount of power play chances.

In fact, best period by Caps was the first when they dominated but TB got a PP goal.

Overall Caps played very sloppy today (was the ice bad maybe?) but still knew they were in control VS a team that has a ton of skill but is mentally weak. TB isn’t winning playoff series and definitely not a Cup with their style and players they have.

Jun 15, 2007
So 1 goal, 7 shots on net, 6, hits, 1 giveaway, 1 takeaway, 1 blocked shot, in 20:57 of ice time is not good enough? His possession numbers were bad this game but he is still way over 50% on the season as well.
How do any of those stats refute anything I said?

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I figured enough of them will read our thread that we can get the message across. I was disgusted to be honest

Not gonna lie as a mod if we were doing that kind of stuff to a Bolts player (or any teams player) I would be deleting posts left and right.

Jun 15, 2007
You said he has been "poor for awhile now" the stats (or the eye test) don't back that up.

I said the other aspects of his game have been poor. He's still scoring because of his one-timer, which is the deadliest weapon in the game. So how does him scoring a goal tonight from his one-timer disprove anything?

The eye test certainly backs it up for me. He's been in headless chicken mode for the past 10 games.

The miss in OT was pretty bad too.

You admitted just a few moments ago his advanced stats were bad this game.

I dunno, sounds like you just disagree without any particular strong evidence as to why.

Jun 15, 2007
Orlov has been really good this season. I guess I'll chalk last season up to dragging Niskanen's corpse along.

Don't remember who it was, but someone said Orlov couldn't ever be the 'leader' of a defence pair, whatever that means. I think this season has proven otherwise.

Orlov has gotten better with more responsibility this year.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The eye test certainly backs it up for me. He's been in headless chicken mode for the past 10 games.

He scored the goal that got the Caps a point tonight. I don't care if he looked drunk every shift before that.

In the ten games before tonight he had 7 points and 5 goals, what the heck do you expect of him? His job is to produce, even when he isn't at his best as you say, he still does his job and produces.

Jun 15, 2007
He scored the goal that got the Caps a point tonight. I don't care if he looked drunk every shift before that.

In the ten games before tonight he had 7 points and 5 goals, what the heck do you expect of him? His job is to produce, even when he isn't at his best as you say, he still does his job and produces.

I know he scored the game tying goal tonight. From his one timer.

I said the other aspects of his game, other than his one timer, have been poor.

So please explain to me how him scoring a goal from his one timer disproves that.

Please Sam, if you are going to disagree, at least know what you are disagreeing with.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Is it safe to say Kuznetsov is back this year? He’s on a tear
He said in his interview, that the thing which motivates him a lot, it's possession game, no surprise that he performs well when opponent plays possession too. But, a lot of teams play a headless chicken game, that's why you can't expect art ross from Kuzy.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Caps win!

Meanwhile on the Caps HFboard

giphy.gif

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
That defense is outright atrocious. No other way to put it. GMBM needs to get his **** together and get some help on D asap.

well — if you look at the salary structure of the team (along with where their top prospects are), it was obvious the defense was a work in progress.

9 forwards make more than 2.5m a year.
2 defenseman make more than 2.5m a year.

so I’m not at all surprised that the teams defense is not where it should be — 30 games or so in. They will give it another 30 games to see where they are.

And this is knowing Fever and Djoos are in Hershey. Along with AA. So— let’s wait and see what our all world GM does.

he won’t roll into the 2nd season with this powerful team with a weak defense.

patience is the smart play

Reactions: Calicaps

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Orlov has been really good this season. I guess I'll chalk last season up to dragging Niskanen's corpse along.

Don't remember who it was, but someone said Orlov couldn't ever be the 'leader' of a defence pair, whatever that means. I think this season has proven otherwise.

Orlov has gotten better with more responsibility this year.

You are surely on a roll, Boss. :bow::bow::bow: But get it right. I said the he has never been the pair leader and it was unknown how he would handle that. Whatever that means? Orlov here....Gudas or Jensen there. One player is the leader. Carlson here. Kempny there. One player is the leader. Come on you know this

Meanwhile Niskanen is killing it this season. He was far from a corps unless you think he is the skating dead now.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
well — if you look at the salary structure of the team (along with where their top prospects are), it was obvious the defense was a work in progress.

9 forwards make more than 2.5m a year.
2 defenseman make more than 2.5m a year.

so I’m not at all surprised that the teams defense is not where it should be — 30 games or so in. They will give it another 30 games to see where they are.

And this is knowing Fever and Djoos are in Hershey. Along with AA. So— let’s wait and see what our all world GM does.

he won’t roll into the 2nd season with this powerful team with a weak defense.

patience is the smart play

Also worth reminding that the Caps are playing a 5 man attack game with the accent on aggression. The defense plays a high risk game at both ends of the ice. This atrocious defense is higher ranked in goals against than either of the past two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad