Post-Game Talk: caps @ avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
So by this standard, if a coach hasn't won a Cup in his first season as a HC, he should be fired? Or what exactly are you comparing TR's first 1.75 seasons to?

Trotz took what, 17 years to win his Cup?
How do you compare new coaches that get a roster that just won 2 presidents trophies and a Stanley Cup?

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Also Holtby wasn’t tested much later in the game but he was very good and made the saves the Caps needed him to.

Reactions: JenniferH

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
That was HUGE. Played like a different team the last 2 periods. I would have thought they would come out like gang busters after being embarrassed the past 2 games, but whatever...I’ll take it.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
How do you compare new coaches that get a roster that just won 2 presidents trophies and a Stanley Cup?

Good question. Do you fire them in February of the second season when they have been in first place for almost all year? Or is that just ridiculous.

People, slumps happen. You don't fire the coach over a slump.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
That’s a 2 goal road comeback against a fast, dangerous team that skated us out of the building in the 1st period and where Grubby played a terrific game for them but still got out-dueled by Holtby. That’s a helluva win.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
holtby needed this. also i think boyd should be playing over leipsic, they have similar offensive styles, but boyd is much more effective and better on the 2nd pp wave.

Reactions: McVechkin

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
holtby needed this. also i think boyd should be playing over leipsic, they have similar offensive styles, but boyd is much more effective and better on the 2nd pp wave.
Leipsic fits much better on the 4th line, which has been great all season. If Boyd is playing he should have skilled line mates and power play time. When Kuzy comes back he would have neither.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
OV has been effective in front of the net lately. On the PP plant him as screen/big body in front of the net. Either the Avs have to mark OV or match 4 vs 4 with the rest of the Caps players.

No...come on. He would NEVER touch the puck if you put him down there. There would be so much traffic with all for pk choking Ov. Getting shots thru would be really difficult. Not to mention do you really want Ov getting hit by the puck? No

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This was a pleasant surprise. Can the Caps play all their remaining games on the road! It's baffling how this team plays like the worst team @ home and just about beats everybody on the road. There must be some kind of curse/bad karma @ Capitol One Arena(Maybe Ted's stink or something).

Reactions: Heath

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
low scoring game. just what I was looking for.
Holtby prevented that 1st period from being a nightmare, even falling behind 2-0. PK coming up big on that 5-on-3 might have been the turning point of the game. PP shockingly scored 2 goals working hard and not with pretty plays.

Reactions: JenniferH

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
It was the checking and physical play that won this game. They came out fast and physical. That wore Colorado down.

Caps will always match up well with these type of teams when they want to bring the heavy game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad