Low Effort GDT Caps at Sens 7pm (Sportsnet, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Two things on one shift about Greig last game:

1. Showed insane vision/IQ/hands to make the pass that got to Tarasenko for his goal.

2.Was a wrecking ball in the corner that got the puck back to make the play that led to the goal - but that style of play makes me nervous injury-wise.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What the f*** is with these sports net broadcasts. Did tan lose some of our games?

Will it at least be on a regular sports net and not one or 360

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Two things on one shift about Greig last game:

1. Showed insane vision/IQ/hands to make the pass that got to Tarasenko for his goal.

2.Was a wrecking ball in the corner that got the puck back to make the play that led to the goal - but that style of play makes me nervous injury-wise.
I'm trying to remember the player Ottawa used to have that was so good at keeping possession along the boards? Petr Schastlivy maybe? Greig seems to have that ability to dig hard along the boards. Will only get even better as he grows stronger.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Is that even possible? IE, wouldnt the CBA state that he must be paid league min no matter what his contract says?
You are correct - players must make at least the minimum salary as defined in the CBA.

What is not correct is that MacEwen will make below the minimum wage in the future. League minimum salary is set at 775k for the 23/24, 24/25, and 25/26 seasons in the CBA MOU signed in 2020.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm trying to remember the player Ottawa used to have that was so good at keeping possession along the boards? Petr Schastlivy maybe? Greig seems to have that ability to dig hard along the boards. Will only get even better as he grows stronger.
Schastlivy was a monster along the boards, I had forgotten about him. Magnus Arvedson too IIRC

Peter Shaefer?
f***, maybe that was it. Was it him or Schastlivy or both...

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Is that even possible? IE, wouldnt the CBA state that he must be paid league min no matter what his contract says?

You are correct - players must make at least the minimum salary as defined in the CBA.

What is not correct is that MacEwen will make below the minimum wage in the future. League minimum salary is set at 775k for the 23/24, 24/25, and 25/26 seasons in the CBA MOU signed in 2020.

someone with a better understanding than me needs to answer, but league minimum AAV and salary are different.

league minimum AAV is 775 K. You could get more early on and less as time progresses.

John Tavares will be playing for almost half his salary from today onwards (1/2 relative to the first 2 seasons.. he went from ~ 16 to ~8, 11 is AAV)

@Micklebot may be best to answer

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
I will be avoiding the Sportsnet broadcast by actually going to the game!!
1697653850539.png

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
He's making league min, I suspect his 3yr deal was given partially with the plan to send him up & down. Term makes him less likely to be claimed.

I mean, isn't that a bad sign that you sing a player to a contract that no one will want even on waivers just so you can keep him? Kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face (in a very minor way) isn't it?

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese