Not open for further replies.

Vladiator16*

1gkje0.png

Us VS them.

Go at it!

Last edited by a moderator:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
What makes that image even more funny is the position of the ref at the bottom left hand of the screen. How does he not see that sea of blue?? hahahaha

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
-Ovi needs to have a big game
-Line 2 needs to generate more shots, love their board game though
-Holtby needs to make some big saves

And we win.

Vladiator16*

I think we just need to score more then them :dunno:

:cheers:

Edit: Strung, I'll have some of that top shelf **** all the way on the right.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I expected a 7 game series, so we will lose tonite. Caps got a little cocky going into gm 3, and got it handed to them. Defense was very sloppy. This team just isnt constructed well enough to beat anyone quickly, especially not a team with Lundqvist.

So I think Rags edge Caps again.

But maybe to combat that??? Its time to again.....

Fire George?

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I expected a 7 game series, so we will lose tonite. Caps got a little cocky going into gm 3, and got it handed to them. Defense was very sloppy. This team just isnt constructed well enough to beat anyone quickly, especially not a team with Lundqvist.

So I think Rags edge Caps again.

But maybe to combat that??? Its to again.....

Fire George?

You think so RE: Game 3? I thought the Caps were dominant for the majority of the game and the Rangers very opportunistic. Just need to not give them a 2:1 PP advantage and we win.

I expect a 3-1 series lead after tonight for one of these teams

Vladiator16*

You think so RE: Game 3? I thought the Caps were dominant for the majority of the game and the Rangers very opportunistic. Just need to not give them a 2:1 PP advantage and we win.

Awesome prediction ;)

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
This is the one time in history photoshop was not needed.

While I do expect 7 I bet blindly like we will win every game :confused: and do expect to win every game dammit.

Tough day at the country club yesterday :)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

I think its long been proven that you see what you want to see, Bob (no offense, you just do from my corner) .

Rangers earned all of those PP's save the too many men one. The rest were accurate, and "bad plays" by the Caps. Most of the time a "bad play" is masking a defensive problem. Caps were chasing Rangers all around the ice.

I think Caps came out strong (first 10min), but that was that. Seesaw affair that had a lot of defensive mistakes from the Caps, and some lucky tip in for Goals (from the Caps). Honestly, 4-3...and it didnt seem that close.

From the cheap seats, this team was too loose, as Holtby called it. Will see what happens tonite, but its at best a 50/50 game, and I dont see us winning another one of those.

So....

Fire George!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
not that close? lol. ok, rids. i see where you are going with this. you are getting the engine started on the fire george wagon. enjoy.

edit: maybe then the games that the caps won were really games they should have lost? do you really think it will take the rangers 7 games to win the series?

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think its long been proven that you see what you want to see, Bob (no offense, you just do from my corner) .

Rangers earned all of those PP's save the too many men one. The rest were accurate, and "bad plays" by the Caps. Most of the time a "bad play" is masking a defensive problem. Caps were chasing Rangers all around the ice.

I think Caps came out strong (first 10min), but that was that. Seesaw affair that had a lot of defensive mistakes from the Caps, and some lucky tip in for Goals (from the Caps). Honestly, 4-3...and it didnt seem that close.

From the cheap seats, this team was too loose, as Holtby called it. Will see what happens tonite, but its at best a 50/50 game, and I dont see us winning another one of those.

So....

Fire George!

Couldn't disagree with you more. Caps were dominant. 5 on 5 that is. I'm okay with all the penalty calls if the refs call it the same for both teams. Which they did not do.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
not that close? lol. ok, rids. i see where you are going with this. you are getting the engine started on the fire george wagon. enjoy.

edit: maybe then the games that the caps won were really games they should have lost? do you really think it will take the rangers 7 games to win the series?

you also see what you want to see Tex. If you thought the Caps played well and should have won, well then I dont know what to tell you.

Unless the Caps make it to the ECF, George should be fired. I dont need to fire up any engines for that.

*If* you really saw where I was going with this, you'd better understand what I am trying to do. Perhaps ask WetHog

Fire George!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Couldn't disagree with you more. Caps were dominant. 5 on 5 that is. I'm okay with all the penalty calls if the refs call it the same for both teams. Which they did not do.

Ok, we wont agree. I think you were watching with Caps coloured glasses on. Hell, I was too. I was PO'd during the game, and got kicked off the main boards because of it.

But the defense was terrible. Asham's goal, Stepan's goal were simply bad defense. Men not covering their man. If the Caps get into that type of track meet with the Rangers, then it becomes Holtby vs Lundqvist alone, and that is a problem (and I love Holtby)

It was a bad game, and Caps deserved to lose. The question tonite is: was that who they are, or can they play better. They will need too, to win tonite.

and to keep pissing everyone off

Fire George!

TamaTavares

Jan 19, 2013
Richmond, VA
Islanders fan here. Former Long Islander, living in the DC area now. Hate the Rags, have many friends who are Caps 'fans'. I'll be watching tonight, good luck! I haven't followed the Caps much this season, manily because my friends only like the Caps when they are winning :shakehead, so they only wanted to come over and start watching games around April. So what's the deal? What turned them around? What was going wrong? D was bad so they split Alzner/Carlson? Holtby stepped up? Ovi stepped up? Was it the left to right switch that helped Ovi? All of the above? All I really have to go by is what the media tells me about the Caps. I'd like to hear from some fans who have followed their progress all season. Thanks!

Vladiator16*

Islanders fan here. Former Long Islander, living in the DC area now. Hate the Rags, have many friends who are Caps 'fans'. I'll be watching tonight, good luck! I haven't followed the Caps much this season, manily because my friends only like the Caps when they are winning :shakehead, so they only wanted to come over and start watching games aorund April. So what's the deal? What turned them around? What was going wrong? D was bad so they split Alzner/Carlson? Holtby stepped up? Ovi stepped up? Was it the left to right switch that helped Ovi? All of the above? Thanks!

Yeah, something like that, plus Oates and his system... Good job on ****tsburgh last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad