GDT: Caps at Preds-3/30/14

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Soarking pile of garbage, this management & coach. I'm not angry, don't care enough, missing playoffs would be the right thing to happen to this frenchise. :help:

When all the stars align, this team is capable of playing pretty well even as is, but the default level is utter crap.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
"Oh, hey, Grabo's back. Now I can have him center Ovechkin instead of Beagle. Now where does Beagle go? Oh, I got it! I'll put him on Ovechkin's opposite wing!"

-Adam Oates, 03/30/14

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Just home from the game remind me why I paid for tix drove 3 hours got home after 2am for this team?

Oh well the son enjoyed his first hockey game just hope he doesn't have to go through the years of despair that a lot of us here have.

Not much good went on from my vantage point

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It never ceases to amaze me how easily teams move through neutral on us. Uncontested, with speed, easily completing passes. Yet, we never can do those same things.

Watch that Weber goal. We are having a chinese fire drill running around to places that make no sense, guys drive the net while our defenders fly to the corner.

Is there anybody out there

Calle Floyd

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
It never ceases to amaze me how easily teams move through neutral on us. Uncontested, with speed, easily completing passes. Yet, we never can do those same things.

Watch that Weber goal. We are having a chinese fire drill running around to places that make no sense, guys drive the net while our defenders fly to the corner.

Is there anybody out there

Calle Floyd
Probably all starts with our piss poor forecheck from everyone but the third line. We don't really pressure anyone with the puck or get in the passing lanes quick enough so they can make pretty easy outlet passes and come through the neutral zone with speed. The D usually backs up so they don't get burned and rarely contests at the blue line either to force them offsides or to slow down.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Clune is a piece of trash. If you are going to go with a rookie with no NHL fighting experience after a clean hit you better answer the bell later when challenged by Wilson. That just shows that Wilson has already established himself as a solid fighter in the league.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Clune is a piece of trash. If you are going to go with a rookie with no NHL fighting experience after a clean hit you better answer the bell later when challenged by Wilson. That just shows that Wilson has already established himself as a solid fighter in the league.

I think the refs probably warned Wilson about that when they had the dscussion.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I think the refs probably warned Wilson about that when they had the dscussion.

You would think Oates would have the balls to let Wilson go out there and stick up for a teammate. It's not like Tom had a ton of ice time at the end of the game anyway. This team is pathetic to watch anymore. I'm focusing all my attention to Hershey. They have a better chance of getting into the playoffs and will at least play tough rugged hockey.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Actually you probably would have won against Rinne. Rinne let in 7 goals to Dallas.

Dallas is fighting for their playoff lives and I'll conjecture playing with desperation. On the other hand..................the Caps should be playing with desperation but are clueless.

I watched some of the highlights and Dallas looked to be busy in front of Rinne. Caps have no ES play. I think I saw more "highlight" saves by Rinne then I saw last night for the backup.

Caps play Dallas next. Dallas looks wicked in the neutral zone. Caps dump and chase. Can't wait. LOL

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
"Oh, hey, Grabo's back. Now I can have him center Ovechkin instead of Beagle. Now where does Beagle go? Oh, I got it! I'll put him on Ovechkin's opposite wing!"

-Adam Oates, 03/30/14

Regrettably, this isn't even how it went. He put Grabovski on the wing and left Beagle at C.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Regrettably, this isn't even how it went. He put Grabovski on the wing and left Beagle at C.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that one move reeks of massive desperation. More than usual. Like, he had NO idea what to do. I can almost hear Oates talking himself into the brilliance of counter-intuitively moving the returning player onto Ovie's wing to provide the elusive soark the slumping superstar needs.

"It's so crazy it JUST MIGHT WORK!"

:shakehead

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that one move reeks of massive desperation. More than usual. Like, he had NO idea what to do. I can almost hear Oates talking himself into the brilliance of counter-intuitively moving the returning player onto Ovie's wing to provide the elusive soark the slumping superstar needs.

"It's so crazy it JUST MIGHT WORK!"

:shakehead

I think it's much more simple than that. He wanted to move Grabovski up. Ovechkin isn't a center. Grabovski shoots left-handed; Beagle and Ovechkin shoot right-handed. QED.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00