GDT: Caps at Preds-3/30/14

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
I remember as a kid going to bed crying after that 1986 playoff series with the Rangers. Today I have become emotionally detached and give zero ****s.

Sad but true.

Halpysback*

Success rates on 4 attempts usually mean a lot. It's terrible because of what it is. It's barely a move at all and Kuznetsov should be able to do something more creative or at least forceful.

You said objectively terrible. The objective of the shootout is to score. So whatever his scoring rate on it may be it means a whole lot more than it being "barely a move" or any other such metric.

Stacking moves for the sake of stacking moves increases chances of failure and goalies almost never fall for them. Goalies almost never make the blocker save on those far post shots - it's either wide, post or in, or the occasional mishandle. And the simpler the move the more reflex based it can be. If Kuznetsov learns to execute it it may well be as automatic as Vrbata's backhand top corner move which is basically the same thing but backhanded.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
The goal of this franchise is to sell tickets and give a pompous ass a platform to look like a big man about town. The goal of the president and general manager is to just keep their jobs despite years and years of failure. The coach on the other hand is like an overwhelmed trainee with zero clue.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
The goal of this franchise is to sell tickets and give a pompous ass a platform to look like a big man about town. The goal of the president and general manager is to just keep their jobs despite years and years of failure. The coach on the other hand is like an overwhelmed trainee with zero clue.

Sounds like the truth...........

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
OV shouldn't be centered by Beagle... You don't score a lot having puck on the perimeter, have to put it in front of the net, trapezoid... Turnovers...

Can't argue with that. On the Turnovers, what is the reason that they turn the puck over so much, often in very basic and simple circumstances? It can't just be that "they suck" can it? :)

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Glad Oates hasn't raised his voice all year. That certainly has helped.

Thanks to the PP they at least got a point tonight if in fact that's worth anything. The main line (3rd) couldn't pot one.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
nothing more than......uh.....yeah....

kramer-turkey.jpg

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I know Ovechkin has 48 goals and is top 3 in 5-on-5 goals this year but he needs a real coach to finally come in and say enough bull****, you need to smarten up if you want to win a Cup. A loser like Oates isn't capable of it.

I'll give him some BOTD since he is playing out of position but that doesn't excuse laziness.

I really wish he'd drop like 15-20 pounds and get back to around 210. He needs the speed he used to posses.

No. NO NO NO!

No more former Caps. A real coach from outside the organization.

This coach needs to have a resume that allows him to come in and trump Ovechkin. Only way I see the Caps being any good next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: