Pre-Game Talk: Caps at Canes, G4

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
This is insane. Prices for game 6 are pretty reasonable however. I'm concerned about getting a refund if they dont play the game though.

I'm guessing part of it also --aside from a playoff starved fanbase--is the demo changes. I can't speak much for raleigh specifically as I mostly only went there for games when i lived in NC, but the changes/gentrification in durham and charlotte were pretty drastic. the triangle is already an area full of transplants etc, but I'm guessing that can't help the ticket prices.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Quirky NHL scheduling led to a tough parental decision today. My daughter is in Canes gear, my son is in Blues. The House Divided.

Blues/Canes fan: =

giphy.gif

ETA: has ANYONE figured out why the heck we are the only team in the east with this two day gap between home games? I mean it's probably going to end up being a blessing in disguise, but i'm still curious? scheduling conflicts with PNC? NHL trying to manipulate scheduling?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

Hmmmmmmm maybe he will be back sooner than we thought?

He's also skating with a cage. So, likely broke a bone in his face.

The cage actually lends credence to the lost teeth thing.

Interesting. Could be that behavior we interpreted as "oh **** my brain" was in fact "oh **** my face".

Unconscious means brain, so there's *some* brain involvement. Obviously, not a ton because he's skating and shooting and getting in the way of shots two days later.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Things I learned today.

We are wearing black in the playoffs on the request of the players.

Dundon and Brindy don't like fighting in hockey. They want physical play but fighting isn't worth it. Will stress that to the team going forward. Just too much risk there, either via injury or removing yourself from the game for 5 mins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad