GDT: Caps at Buffalo. 1pm EST

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Of course. Still, hard to figure they'll actually move all three of Jensen/Gus/TVR. Then again, I thought they'd hammer out finding common ground with Orlov so go figure.
Yea I doubt it - I could see Gus being traded if asking too much. This situation has created a weird sorta prisoner’s dilemma with the D-men.

You don’t want to take this money? Ok, we’ll go over to Jensen, he’ll take it. We’ll just have to ship you to Canada then. Awfully cold, and high taxes…shame. And back and forth, lol.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm just puzzled. Kuemper played yesterday. Lindgren was fresh to start today, but they didn't do it. Kuemper gave up 5 last time the Caps played the Sabres and he gave up 5 this time as well. If these dumb coaching decisions are to tank, then why did the Caps try to win yesterday?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Ok including Iorio in this is a no, imho. Too early.
In my view he’s probably the best of the D prospects and the most likely to play with the big club next season. Yeah he probably needs more time but it’s more of an indictment of Irwin and, in particular, Mcilrath.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
In my view he’s probably the best of the D prospects and the most likely to play with the big club next season. Yeah he probably needs more time but it’s more of an indictment of Irwin and, in particular, Mcilrath.
Agreed, he's having a great rookie season in Hershey. Only 2 points off the team lead for D points including his assist today. Only taken 3 minor penalties all season. Plays in all situations and frequently on the ice defending a one goal lead late in games. He's looked steady, confident and improved every time I see him. He's on the right path, I have no concerns with him becoming a full time second pairing guy one day. One more season would probably help but he might not have that luxury depending on who goes and who stays on the big club.

Last edited:

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I'm just puzzled. Kuemper played yesterday. Lindgren was fresh to start today, but they didn't do it. Kuemper gave up 5 last time the Caps played the Sabres and he gave up 5 this time as well. If these dumb coaching decisions are to tank, then why did the Caps try to win yesterday?
The craziest part. Is this coach thinks this is the best way to win. Beating old vets into the ground.

He’s a moron. They played 24 hours ago.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The craziest part. Is this coach thinks this is the best way to win. Beating old vets into the ground.

He’s a moron. They played 24 hours ago.
The craziest part is I don’t even need to see your username anymore to know it’s you shitting on Lavi every other post. I read the post and go, “yeah this must be Misery” and bingo.

Not saying your opinion is right or wrong but you are nothing if not consistent.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
The craziest part is I don’t even need to see your username anymore to know it’s you shitting on Lavi every other post. I read the post and go, “yeah this must be Misery” and bingo.

Not saying your opinion is right or wrong but you are nothing if not consistent.
My opinion is correct, he is a terrible coach. I want him gone in the worst way, but no w I do realize, he is best for the tank.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I mean...lavi does blow lol
Objectively speaking, no he doesn’t. The all-time winningest American-born coach who is top ten all time in wins by an NHL coach, coached a team to a Stanley Cup ring, and has taken three of four NHL teams he’s coached to the SCF does not blow. In fact it’s the opposite of blowing. His time here may have run it’s course but he’s closer to being in the Hall of Fame than he is to being a bad coach.

And that wasn’t even my point. My point was it must be exhausting saying the same exact thing every single post multiple times a day, like clockwork.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Objectively speaking, no he doesn’t. The all-time winningest American-born coach who is top ten all time in wins by an NHL coach, coached a team to a Stanley Cup ring, and has taken three of four NHL teams he’s coached to the SCF does not blow. In fact it’s the opposite of blowing. His time here may have run it’s course but he’s closer to being in the Hall of Fame than he is to being a bad coach.

And that wasn’t even my point. My point was it must be exhausting saying the same exact thing every single post multiple times a day, like clockwork.
I think coaches, like most players who are not stars, are good in the right conditions. I think Lavi would do very well with a veteran team that is not old. I think he’s a good coach overall.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad