Caps assistant coaches (Forsythe PP/Analytics, Lambert F/PK, Reirden D/PP, Korn G)

Liberati0n*

Trotts' assistants seem good so far. I did hope Forsythe would still run the PP, but whatever. I wanted Noel but I guess that's not happening.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Hopefully he'll help the breakout at least even if GMBM lays an egg on bringing in some more D help

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have been jealous of teams with working breakout schemes... oh for about a full decade now. How was the Nashville breakout?

We look like a bunch of boobies; depending on one guy to make a homerun stretch pass to a cherry picker, more lately just happy to up and out to no one over and over. Dale tried to implement the 90 degree chip off the half boards to a guy coming up the middle of the ice but it rarely hit the guy in stride; always a little off target. Always. I still to this day do not even know what Calle and Oates were trying to do.

Can I say it again, I am so glad they are both gone. Our defense could not get any worse in almost any aspect, uber passive uber soft so easy for forwards to enter and go anywhere they wanted fearlessly. We could not even play 2 on 1s correctly. It was hard to watch.

Last edited:

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@ChuckGormleyCSN: Hearing that Predators asst coach Lane Lambert will join Todd Reirden as an assistant under Caps coach Barry Trotz. #CapitalsTalk

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
@ChuckGormleyCSN: Hearing that Predators asst coach Lane Lambert will join Todd Reirden as an assistant under Caps coach Barry Trotz. #CapitalsTalk

Id have to say this is a pretty good group of assistants, looking forward to seeing how our guys play under them

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I have been jealous of teams with working breakout schemes... oh for about a full decade now. How was the Nashville breakout?

We look like a bunch of boobies; depending on one guy to make a homerun stretch pass to a cherry picker, more lately just happy to up and out to no one over and over. Dale tried to implement the 90 degree chip off the half boards to a guy coming up the middle of the ice but it rarely hit the guy in stride; always a little off target. Always. I still to this day do not even know what Calle and Oates were trying to do.

Can I say it again, I am so glad they are both gone. Our defense could not get any worse in almost any aspect, uber passive uber soft so easy for forwards to enter and go anywhere they wanted fearlessly. We could not even play 2 on 1s correctly. It was hard to watch.

Remember when Phil Housley could take the puck all the way up the ice and the other team couldn't stop him? That was cool!

He did get torched defensively against the Stanley Cup winning Wings in '98 but God could he set up offensive chances. Mike Green did that for stretches—years ago now. We haven't got anything like that now. Hell, even our centers can't carry the puck through traffic without coughing up the puck.

I would trade half the team as an appetizer.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Remember when Phil Housley could take the puck all the way up the ice and the other team couldn't stop him? That was cool!

He did get torched defensively against the Stanley Cup winning Wings in '98 but God could he set up offensive chances. Mike Green did that for stretches—years ago now. We haven't got anything like that now. Hell, even our centers can't carry the puck through traffic without coughing up the puck.

I would trade half the team as an appetizer.

I watched him a lot when I was younger, especially with the Jets. He QB'd the PP like crazy. I hated seeing one of my favorite players get traded for him (Hawerchuk), but he was a PP wizard. I remember Selanne acknowledging him as a major reason for his rookie record. When he signed with the Caps, I thought it would be the trend for UFAs to sign in D.C.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
I watched him a lot when I was younger, especially with the Jets. He QB'd the PP like crazy. I hated seeing one of my favorite players get traded for him (Hawerchuk), but he was a PP wizard. I remember Selanne acknowledging him as a major reason for his rookie record. When he signed with the Caps, I thought it would be the trend for UFAs to sign in D.C.

Housley was amazing offensively for years. A joy to watch. Hawerchuk was a good player, too. I remember him well. I think Housley started out in Buffalo, does that sound right?

I am so tired of mediocrity being accepted in DC. I hope fans will give Ted 'n Dick and BMac hell until they build a real team here.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Lambert is pretty much a done deal.

@KWilsonPreds 21m
A statement from @PredsNHL GM David Poile on Assistant Coach Lane Lambert:

BrI90uCCIAEaGja.png

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Lambert is officially hired. Big focus on development guys. Looks like no Horachek, unless they're looking that direction for Hershey, which doesn't seem likely at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad