Post-Game Talk: Caps and Rangers 12:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Top line is basically cycling with only two players which doesn't really lead to great possesion or chances. Ovechkin needs to start battling more and get engaged.

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Top line is basically cycling with only two players which doesn't really lead to great possesion or chances. Ovechkin needs to start battling more and get engaged.

As a lot of people are speculating, either he's playing injured, or just floating. Either way that 1st line is suffering, as you stated, with only 2 players cycling they are nowhere as dangerous as they have been.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
As a lot of people are speculating, either he's playing injured, or just floating. Either way that 1st line is suffering, as you stated, with only 2 players cycling they are nowhere as dangerous as they have been.

yeah, he's been bad. he's giving away the puck without any pressure on him, killing good cycle from his linemates. hopefully he's saving for the playoffs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Something is up with Ovi. He's gotta be injured, he was way more dynamic to start the season. If he is injured, he should get some rest. We need him at his best, this year will be the most important in his career.

Regarding the rest of the team, fix 27-74 and we should be fine. If we're still struggling like that a week from now, then it's time to panic.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Maybe part of it is the (drastically) reduced ice-time, esp. at 5-on-5. Ovi is used to big minutes his entire career. Maybe now he's having a hard time getting into a flow -- getting more frustrated and less engaged as a result, which in turn disrupts his flow even more.

I mean, I think ultimately it's up to him to adjust, but still this could be a factor.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'll admit Ovechkin looks a little off at times, but man our standards are insane for him:

Since Jan 1st.:
HtZO9XR8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad