Nov 22, 2007
yup. that should've been banked off the boards. boneheaded play by CMM

Reactions: ujju2

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Too bad about the McMichael blunder.
Overall a fine game, this time against an opponent that actually looked like a top NHL team. Keep going.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1707686021515.gif

Nick Jensen gets today's game puck with a mammoth 80% xG share and +2 on the 5v5 goals.

Protas, Mantha, Strome, and Ovechkin with honorable mentions.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know Ovie has become a liability 3 on 3 in OT but ballsy none the less for Carberry a 1st year coach to keep him off the ice.
Yeah I have some questions about that. Did Ovi pick up a bump or bruise towards the end of the game? Was this something that had been determined and discussed prior to the game and something that Ovi signed off on? Was this a spur of the moment decision? Feels odd to keep 8 off the ice when he’s been heating up and skating better, and it’s not like they were icing a bunch of dudes who could wheel out there anyway.

We probably won’t find out but would be nice if a reporter asked him in the post game conference some questions about the thought process there.

Reactions: PlushMinus

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
2 turnovers in the last 20 sec.s, ouch
1st Strome unwisely trying to force offense inside the blue w/20 left
then McShithead giving the game away w/7
either one could've gone safe and send it to SO

all in all 3 straight great efforts
Edmundson had a great game it looked like
and a healthy Oshbabe is a difference maker

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
So, we have our new whipping boy now that 92 is in the players assistance program? (i’m aware the turnover was atrocious i’m just ball busting)

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Woulda been nice to get another 2 pts today but it's not like the Caps are locked in a head-to-head competition for first in the East. Surprisingly boneheaded move by CMM but if this serves to improve his situational awareness, the loss of a potential standings point is a minor cost Big-Picture-wise.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I hate losing, but this isn’t a bad outcome. The effort was there today. Caps look much faster and moving the puck out of zone. Two physical games as well. PK continues to look good and PP looked better as well.

CMM blunder is just as simple as being situationally aware. You’re not going to turn that around and bring up the ice in time to score so just eat it and go to shootout. This is what you get with young players. Just learn from it young man.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If you told me the Caps would get 3 out 4 points against the Top East/West teams on back2back day games, I would have said that you are nuts! CMM lost that game with 4 secs left in OT and I'm sure he knows how dumb that was and the coaches will get on him about that. We all egg on Carlson casual approach to how he plays, but no way on him.

OV scoring 5 in 5 is awesome.
So, we have our new whipping boy now that 92 is in the players assistance program? (i’m aware the turnover was atrocious i’m just ball busting)
CMM is in a scoring/point production slump...

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Keumper is the new (or not so new) whipping boy. He shall get blamed for everything.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
You know I did not realize Carlson played 31 mins and was a -3(though 1 of those was CMM's fault)). That was too much ice time for him. CMM had close to 17 mins and was a -2. In Kuzy's absence, CMM is not stepping up. He still quite young and will get better, but these mistakes are showing his lack of confidence right now.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Keumper is the new (or not so new) whipping boy. He shall get blamed for everything.
He's off the hook for now. His teammate made a dumb mistake and put him at .897 instead of .904 SV% of the game. Some might nitpick and say Kuemper as a goalie should be ready at all times. I would somewhat agree, but most players would eat that puck in the corner for 5 secs.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Woulda been nice to get another 2 pts today but it's not like the Caps are locked in a head-to-head competition for first in the East. Surprisingly boneheaded move by CMM but if this serves to improve his situational awareness, the loss of a potential standings point is a minor cost Big-Picture-wise.
Why surprising? I feel like the cute no-look backhand D-zone pass which is both off-target and a surprise to intended recipient is becoming a thing with 24. I’d forgive it if his finishing weren’t ass and if he didn’t play small. But i’m starting to think that 1st round pick was a swing and a miss.

At least 8 scoring again. And Oshie looks healthy and rejuvenated

• Wow
Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad