football-goal.gif

Attachments

• 1707681480114.png
    1707681480114.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 0

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
What do the Caps do with DK? Even if the Caps retained half his salary, I don't think any team would take him, unless Caps put in a sweetner.

Buy DK out after the season. If so, he would be a cap hit for 6 years?

This is a position the Caps could not miss on. The swung and missed In spectacular fashion. I think the Caps will do nothing and say he had a tough year. Doing anything else would be admitting they screwed up.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovi is done crowd is pretty silent. Never doubt the Great Eight. He has been incredibly unlucky, hit many posts and faced a few great goalie saves, and had a couple/few goals taken away by review. Now he’s shooting more, getting the puck in great places, and getting some puck luck.

Yeah, he couldn't sustain a 4% shooting percentage. As long as he can generate volume, then they will go in mathematically.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What do the Caps do with DK? Even if the Caps retained half his salary, I don't think any team would take him, unless Caps put in a sweetner.

This is a position the Caps could not miss on. The swung and missed In spectacular fashion. I think the Caps will do nothing and say he had a tough year. Doing anything else would be admitting they screwed up.

No way they are buying him out. Only chance would be for a trade, but who is taking him now? He needs to regain some consistency.

Reactions: Capitals40

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

I believe the Caps can get a good return based on him being a SC winning goalie. Of course winning the SC is a team accomplishment, but the resume is still there.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
He's kind of mediocre to be honest. Nothing special offensively, and he loses his man defensively a bit too often for my liking.

He's been better than TVR for us, who is having a brutal season.
not very good
not that surprising considering he came in midseason coming off injury but I hope he can turn it around. he's a likeable dude and does have tools to be a very good 3rd pair guy who could step into 2nd pair if needed, but hasn't shown the consistency needed

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

Don’t do anything, we’re not a good goalie away from being a contender.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
not that surprising considering he came in midseason coming off injury but I hope he can turn it around. he's a likeable dude and does have tools to be a very good 3rd pair guy who could step into 2nd pair if needed, but hasn't shown the consistency needed
He’s getting better. Brutal start then has gotten more comfortable in the system after taking some healthy scratches.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
Just today morning our local newspaper was writing a big article on Ovechkins season and how brutal he has been. Looks like he received the news, loud and clear. Godspeed to the record my man, prove the doubters wrong.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

DK has been fine. He’s been an average goaltender which is not what they paid for but he’s not close to the buy out or pay to trade him level of bad.

The goals against him today were a perfect shot on a breakaway thanks to a horrible turnover and bad line change and a perfect backhand shot from in close after his defenseman got walked.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I have to say I'm impressed with how much movement there's been. The Canucks are the 1st place team in the league a fast team to boot.

Even Ovi is skating around a lot more than usual

Eirikrautha

It's like an Ali fight. They punch and punch and punch, and we bend, bend, bend, but don't break. Then we counter and almost score. So little margin for error. I'll say one thing, it's exciting (and sometimes frustrating) hockey. The Cardiac Caps reborn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad