Post-Game Talk: Caps and Candy Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Stephenson is a player.

Oshie has looked terribad. Fancy stats may show otherwise but he definitely looks off. And slow.

Who sits for Burky?

it really depends on this week of practice. since caps dont play again til sunday he's gonna have to prove himself since the caps are 2-0 with 1o goals when he isnt in lineup

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He is not a typical 4th line player
I agree. I think he is better suited for 2nd or 3rd line. I wouldnt mind him on the 3rd line with Eller and Connolly. Put Wilson back on the 1st and Smith Pelly on the 4th. We have some options.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Never would have predicted 53 pts halfway through the season before the season started. After starting 7-10-1(?) would think this to be impossible. Lots of defensive problems but goaltending and opportunistic goal scoring has obviously been key. Trotz better ease up on Holtby or he will get worn out.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
it really depends on this week of practice. since caps dont play again til sunday he's gonna have to prove himself since the caps are 2-0 with 1o goals when he isnt in lineup
I say we keep Burakovsky riding the pines until what we are doing quits working. The only guys I see struggling upfront are Kuzy and Oshie and there is Noway either of them get benched.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Cam Ward is not very good . . . again
Caps D without Niskanen is not very good . . .again
Ovie is amazing . . . again
Think Oshie may still be cognitively compromised. . . If that's a thing

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
OV nastiness tonight, love it.

Woof for Bowey, Carlson, Orlov, and Williams for awful turnovers tonight. There were probably some players I missed. Bowey with peewee level turnovers. Carlson with 'lack of intensity' turnovers earn me $7.5 million a year. Orlov trying to force it up the middle. And the ol' familiar "Williams fails to clear the zone" out of Joe B about 5 time tonight. I don't miss that at all.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Good ol' Ovi. He's been covering for faulty defenses, suspect coaching and soft fellow forwards his entire career. Not perfect but, c'mon, get this man a Cup and not Ray Bourque style.

I'd think about dealing Burakovsky here at some point for a more consistent, well-rounded player. They have enough finesse types as it is.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Maybe Chandelier or Will's-son on the 2nd line to mix things up? That line needs help. Too much fancy fumbling on it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Good ol' Ovi. He's been covering for faulty defenses, suspect coaching and soft fellow forwards his entire career. Not perfect but, c'mon, get this man a Cup and not Ray Bourque style.

I'd think about dealing Burakovsky here at some point for a more consistent, well-rounded player. They have enough finesse types as it is.

I would deal Burka but only if Gersich is signed.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013

Concur on dealing Bura. He doesn't quite have the physical edge for playoff time. Who takes him and what do we get back?

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Never would have predicted 53 pts halfway through the season before the season started. After starting 7-10-1(?) would think this to be impossible. Lots of defensive problems but goaltending and opportunistic goal scoring has obviously been key. Trotz better ease up on Holtby or he will get worn out.
Can't agree more. Who saw that? I sure as hell didn't, nobody did.

I try to be a realistic, and what they've done since the rough start and injuries has exceeded my expectations.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Stephenson is a player.

Oshie has looked terribad. Fancy stats may show otherwise but he definitely looks off. And slow.

Who sits for Burky?

Sentence 2 answered the question for sentence 3. Oshie has committed turnovers equally egregious to Burakovsky's (remember the turnover against Boston?) and is every bit as ice cold in the production department (just 1 goal in the seven games since returning from injury and no points in his last five). He needs to "recalibrate" his game as much as any other player on this team. Either he's still feeling the effects of his injury or he's got other issues he needs to work through. But right now he's a liability who's not bringing enough offensively to justify his spot in the line-up.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Sentence 2 answered the question for sentence 3. Oshie has committed turnovers equally egregious to Burakovsky's (remember the turnover against Boston?) and is every bit as ice cold in the production department (just 1 goal in the seven games since returning from injury and no points in his last five). He needs to "recalibrate" his game as much as any other player on this team. Either he's still feeling the effects of his injury or he's got other issues he needs to work through. But right now he's a liability who's not bringing enough offensively to justify his spot in the line-up.

They won’t sit Oshie. Don’t be silly. Not if he’s actually healthy.

If he needs a maintenance day, they by all means. But not otherwise. He’s been a huge part of the room and the fabric of the team.....that’s certainly part of why he got that contract. So unless he says to Barry “let me sit for a game, coach”, there is zero chance it happens. Like winning the powerball odds chances.

Team is winning, and Trotz is Trotz.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad