Confirmed with Link: Caps acquire Nick Jensen and a 2019 5th for Bowey and 2020 2nd, extend him 4 yrs, $10M

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Jensen has been great but he always scares the shit out of me. He holds the puck a good second or two longer than any defenseman I can remember seeing when he's being pressured. He seems to always find a way out of danger but at least half a dozen or so times I've wanted to yell at the TV to move the puck.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Jensen has been great but he always scares the **** out of me. He holds the puck a good second or two longer than any defenseman I can remember seeing when he's being pressured. He seems to always find a way out of danger but at least half a dozen or so times I've wanted to yell at the TV to move the puck.

So him being calm, makes you nervous? :D

I've seen him wiggle out of spots that would have made Orpik's head explode, Scanners Style.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Jensen has been great but he always scares the **** out of me. He holds the puck a good second or two longer than any defenseman I can remember seeing when he's being pressured. He seems to always find a way out of danger but at least half a dozen or so times I've wanted to yell at the TV to move the puck.

I think the word you’re looking for is poised. I noted at least two instances if what you’re talking about last game. Forcheck is all over him and he calmly makes the safe play in tight space.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Brooks can’t read this, his Stanley Cup rings are blocking out the nonsense. ;)

I was gonna say Bowey but its not polite to disparage the traded. I'm actually at a loss for who is the "least poised under pressure" amongst the rest of our D core, there are many worthy contenders for that title.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think you mean herring and cheese. ;)

Uter knows.... Chocholata!

giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Right now it’s Niskanen by a street imo. Not good to see.

Nah...not close. Orlov has been so bad with the puck recently. Soft plays that aren't close to getting to where they need to go. I saw three in one shift in the last game. Its so bad that its got me thinking he has a hand or wrist injury or something. Niskanen looks better to me.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
See, much like the hair contest, this is a legitimate debate. Continue.

To be honest it’s probably a little bit of both, but from what I see Niskanen is off confidence. I’ve been watching them both closely and he is flat footed, a lot of the issues come from him not getting up the ice when the two of them are trying to move the puck. He is flubbing little passes when a fore checker comes.

Orlov is yes having some bad moments and turnovers, but I feel he’s also making good plays, skating the puck and contributing to the transition game.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Now that the season is over, are you guys happy with Jensen?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Now that the season is over, are you guys happy with Jensen?
Happy with him, zone exits are as advertised, but with Kempny down it’s like thank goodness they made a move on defense, how did you guys like Bowey?

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Some people like him, often because they compare him to our older, non-mobile defense. I just don't see much upside.

By the way, is he still getting crushed against the boards a couple time a game?

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Some people like him, often because they compare him to our older, non-mobile defense. I just don't see much upside.

By the way, is he still getting crushed against the boards a couple time a game?
No more often than Niskanen but often enough that one made it in this commercial at 1:21

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
He has always survived them.

He was often maligned be the Wings fans, but he should be steady for you guys.

Good Luck going into the playoffs!

Reactions: Silky mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad