Confirmed with Link: Caps acquire Nick Jensen and a 2019 5th for Bowey and 2020 2nd, extend him 4 yrs, $10M

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
;)

I still don't see where he fits in. Jensen is way too good to be a 7D, the price paid is enough where you think he'd be in the lineup, but Djoos also needs to be in the lineup.

I wonder if there's another move to come still because right now the D is a logjam.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Righty, can play 20+ minutes/night. If there is an injury in the TOP 4, it's good that he can handle big minutes.
Hope he can PK.

But it looks like Djoos will be #7 now.
Btw, was he injured last game? only played 8 or 9 minutes

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I’ll eat another round of crow for talking smack last year if these moves work out. In fact I’ll be happy to make it an annual tradition for ever doubting Big Mac.

I certainly like that he’s being active and I think the team will respond to new blood.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I like the Jensen addition.

Caps adding two good skating players before the postseason should help.

Still want Bura moved for a consistent contributor.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
you guys make me laugh. Orpik is not going to be scratched. If someone other than Djoos is in danger of getting scratched, its Kempny
Oh I know but I also it think it depends on matchups. Djoos Jensen makes more sense playing a fast team like Tampa but I like Orpik in the lineup against a more physical team like CBJ.

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
I like the move but i have no idea who’s going to sit. I guess juice but man maybe something else is brewing. U give up a 2nd he’s going to play.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If Djoos is struggling with his leg then, its pretty clear where Jensen skates.

Meanwhile if they are actively unhappy with 2 and 9 might we be seeing more 74 44 at even strength?

Edit. I guess it doesn't matter if Djoos is hurting or not. Jensen skates 3RD. The question is where are all the LD? Is Djoos going to move Orlov down? Is Djoos going to move Kempny down? Is Orpik going to move somebody down?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I like it. Bowey's time was up and needed a change of scenery. Unfortunately his playing time had lowered his value so much we had to throw in a decent pick as well. Oh well. Life goes on and I like our team more at the end of the day than I did at the start. BMac clearly wants to try and go for it again. Now the last chip I could see falling is Burakovsky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad