Confirmed with Link: Caps acquire Brenden Dillon from San Jose for 2020 2nd and (cond.) 2021 3rd rd pick, 50% retained

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Just not sure if there will be enough cap space for both. Especially if the Caps decide to get a somewhat experienced (i.e. not dirt cheap) backup for Samsonov, etc. Also, how are you gonna pay Kovy if he scores 10 playoff goals on the way to winning the Cup?!

With a lot of beer and a parade.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I don't really have a read on Dillon just yet, but it would be a big win if he fits in the top-4 (especially with Carlson) and can be re-signed for any kind of decent contract. Could be the next Orpik-type presence on D?

On the other hand, I probably like Gudas more than most, so I kind of wonder if re-signing him could actually end up being the best value, especially with Fever and AA still on track to break into the LD ranks.

Although, ofc, if Dillon can be the right partner for Carlson, that kind of trumps everything else.

I like Gudas too. I generally don't say it out loud for fear of retribution around here :laugh:

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Jake Muzzin just got 4/22.5. Literally today. 5.625m per year from TO. Before hitting FA.

His stats aren’t much different from Dillon’s, nor is his playing style as he’s known as a rugged D first D-man....AND he’s 2 years or so older than Dillon.

Pretry good (bad?) comp. Yeah... it’s Dubas and all, I get it.

But??

Toronto always overpays. ;)

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
he seemed to speak very highly of Montreal. So if not here than Montreal.
Montreal is a code for another pre-tdl-sell season. Another chance for a cup in contender. If he wins there is nothing to play for for him.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Jake Muzzin just got 4/22.5. Literally today. 5.625m per year from TO. Before hitting FA.

His stats aren’t much different from Dillon’s, nor is his playing style as he’s known as a rugged D first D-man....AND he’s 2 years or so older than Dillon.

Pretry good (bad?) comp. Yeah... it’s Dubas and all, I get it.

But??
Jake Muzzin has always been a very capable offensively player. Dillon doesn't look like that.

Reactions: um

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Jake Muzzin has always been a very capable offensively player. Dillon doesn't look like that.
Muzzin scores .34pts/game at even strength.
Dillon scores .19pts/game at even strength.

Muzzin gets PP time, Dillon doesn’t

Dillon is better at preventing goals. Muzzin is better at scoring them.

I think Dillon will get bank as a UFA

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Montreal is a code for another pre-tdl-sell season. Another chance for a cup in contender. If he wins there is nothing to play for for him.

Maybe, but if he feels he can still play at a high level and compete for another Cup in a good environment, why not? He's got 40+ years to be retired :)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Reirden said that Dillon brings elements they need with some of the player they lost after last season. Orpik and Niskanen I have to guess. Based on that I think they may try to keep him

Reactions: Raikkonen

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Reirden said that Dillon brings elements they need with some of the player they lost after last season. Orpik and Niskanen I have to guess. Based on that I think they may try to keep him
Dillon jumped into the fray while team was slumping. Other than his low TOI in game 2 what negative did you see? I didnt see anything against keeping him in top-4 as defensive complementary player.
He was reliable. His physicality was a bonus. And I think he's faster than both Kempny and Gudas while being a lot bigger.
Looks like upgraded Alzner.

The only question is if he wants to sign here.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Dillon jumped into the fray while team was slumping. Other than his low TOI in game 2 what negative did you see? I didnt see anything against keeping him in top-4 as defensive complementary player.
He was reliable. His physicality was a bonus. And I think he's faster than both Kempny and Gudas while being a lot bigger.
Looks like upgraded Alzner.

The only question is if he wants to sign here.

Where did I say anything negative about Dillon? I posted Reirden's comment only because I see it as a signal. Dillon appears to be filling the Orpik need.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Love his game and he was visibly excited to be coming to DC. If he performs in the playoffs, they will probably try to get a deal done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad