Confirmed with Link: Caps acquire Brenden Dillon from San Jose for 2020 2nd and (cond.) 2021 3rd rd pick, 50% retained

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Them grabbing another lefty is surprising. But I wonder if they try to flip Jensen or Djoos for picks.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I guess you called it @Langway !
Indeed.

Now the question is does he become Carlson's partner over Kempny? Does Siegenthaler now sit? Could Kempny be on the move? Are they done reshaping the defense?

50% retention helps but this pretty well has to be their D upgrade of significance barring a multi-player move.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
I am more interested in who goes to their off-side.

Also, I can definitely see them moving a mix of another draft pick, LuJo, and Jensen for a top-nine forward that can score.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Indeed.

Now the question is does he become Carlson's partner over Kempny? Does Siegenthaler now sit? Could Kempny be on the move? Are they done reshaping the defense?

50% retention helps but this pretty well has to be their D upgrade of significance barring a multi-player move.

that’s what I’m thinking....Kempny to the 3rd, Seige to the press box.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
So he can’t play the right side?

Maybe Siegs in a package for a forward, he might actually have some decent value.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Wonder where he'll play

Kempny - Carlson
Orlov - Jensen
Siegs - Gudas

If he can play on the right, it would be perfect, so he can replace Jensen

I don't want Dillon - Orlov (Orlov as RD) I want our #2D to play on his strong side

I don't think he'll play on the 3rd pair

Maybe Bmac doesn't trust Kempny, and somewhere in the playoffs,
Dillon will play with Carlson
or
Orlov - Carlson
Dillon - with someone

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Indeed.

I would think that a second move might be in the works for a forward. The word going around was that GMBM specifically was looking for a top 4 Defender and a top 9 Forward.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Dillon and Orlov on the right, I would bet. But Dillon and Carlson as a true 1st pair is possible too.

Kempny and Jensen both cant handle their roles and Gudas and Siegenthaler cant play above 3rd pair.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Went over some past information.

Dillon has played on his off-side from time-to-time.

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Dillon
Siegs-Gudas

Jensen, LuJo, draft pick for a top-nine forward.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Interested to see how the defense shakes out. IMO, Kempny or Jensen should go. Siegenthaler can play with Carlson (covering Kempny‘s role). Adding Dillon also adds another defensemen that can PK, one of Jensen’s main duties. Siege and Dillon can cover for Jensen’s PK mins. Siege also makes a lot less than Kempny and Jensen and should only get better.

Will be very interesting to see what happens but you’d have to think at least one more move is coming. I would still love to add a RD and trade Kempny/Jensen for a top 9 forward.

I just don’t see how it makes sense for Siege to sit out in favor of Kempny/Jensen considering his cap hit, age, and that he is arguably better than both of them.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Interested to see how the defense shakes out. IMO, Kempny or Jensen should go. Siegenthaler can play with Carlson (covering Kempny‘s role). Adding Dillon also adds another defensemen that can PK, one of Jensen’s main duties. Siege and Dillon can cover for Jensen’s PK mins. Siege also makes a lot less than Kempny and Jensen and should only get better.

Will be very interesting to see what happens but you’d have to think at least one more move is coming. I would still love to add a RD and trade Kempny/Jensen for a top 9 forward.

I just don’t see how it makes sense for Siege to sit out in favor of Kempny/Jensen considering his cap hit, age, and that he is arguably better than both of them.

I see Dillon immediately fitting in next to Orlov at RD.

No way they keep Jensen over Kempny.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->