Post-Game Talk: Caps 3, Pens 1 - NOW Geno is Playoff Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Anyone know what Recchi said or did to get tossed? Can’t remember seeing a coach tossed before, even when Lavs and Granato were up leaning against the glass
Sullivan got kicked out of a game against Ottawa either last season or the season before.

fastb

Mar 26, 2006
San Mateo, CA
After two cups runs, Pens are not good enough on D to repeat. Murray is spotty and that will bite them in a series. Lines simply are not cohesive and the fore check pressure simply isn't there. This is not the 2016 Pens and GMJR and Sully think they still are. Said the TDL deal was horrendous in not recognizing the Pens were really coming on and everyone was finding their roles. GMJR over played his hand here. He may not know it now, but he will as the playoffs begin. MAF bailed them out last year.

k

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I actually think there’s a lot positive to be taken from this game. Our PK and PP were excellent. Our defensive zone coverage was much better. Our big problems are Phil, Murray, and Hunwick. I’m pretty positive about Murray, but the others, not sure.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Jake-Sid-Hornqvist
Hags-Geno-Rust
ZAR -Brassard-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-Jooris

I thought L3 needed a fast forechecker on LW but Brassard can do that if needed and ZAR helps on the boards or goes to the net. Phil lurks :laugh:

This is also the lineup I would ice. We need to do some adjustments here and there though. Next game is a MUSTTTTT-WIN. I don’t wanna spend all my summer reading some Caps fans bullshit IF they beat us in the 1st round.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think that Recchi was telling the Caps what it is like to play in the third round of the playoffs.

You would think that they would appreciate that instead of getting angry as most have only seen it on television.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
On the Pens playing the Caps, all losing streaks come to an end this year is as good as any. If they finally get excellent goaltending it could happen.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Gonna say it now: Winner of the Pens-Jackets game gets the 2/3 matchup with the Flyers. Loser gets the Caps.

Pretty much. Pens' seeding will come down to whether or not they can beat the Blue Jackets in regulation. If they can, they'll end up playing the Flyers. If not, then I guess we get to watch Ovechkin and Co. once again.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I actually think there’s a lot positive to be taken from this game. Our PK and PP were excellent. Our defensive zone coverage was much better. Our big problems are Phil, Murray, and Hunwick. I’m pretty positive about Murray, but the others, not sure.
Murray worries me this season because consistency has been his achilles heel all season long.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Geno needs 4 points in the final 2 games to reach 100. Seems like everyone other than McDavid who was on pace for 100+ points has gone ice cold.

Well, when you have literally nothing to play for, you gotta end your year with something to tell yourself this season had something good come from it and that's how McDavid falls asleep at night.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well, when you have literally nothing to play for, you gotta end your year with something to tell yourself this season had something good come from it and that's how McDavid falls asleep at night.

Not to take anything away from him, but I do think there's something to the idea that when you're out of the playoffs and there's no pressure to win, it's easier to just go out there and perform. It's why you sometimes see teams who are out of it suddenly get hot, or conversely, teams that are fighting for their playoff lives gripping the stick too tight.

Being out of the playoffs is also conducive to taking more chances. You can play a run and gun, wide open game to try and score 4 goals each game because you don't care if that style results in the opposition scoring 5 goals since you're out. Guys who are fighting for a playoff spot sometimes have to be a bit more safe/conservative and not make risky plays in fear of costing their team an important game.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Didnt realize Grubauer was around that long(6th year in the league). This being his busiest season, not only starts but taking over for Holtby(whos been pulled alot this year).

Had a pretty good season and great last month. Only team to score on him easily are the Flyers. Two games against him..8 and 5 goals. Both wins. The 5 goal game coming recently when hes been playing his best.

If that ends up being a first round matchup..should be a high scoring series.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Not sure its already been posted, but is there video of what happened at the end of the game? Didn't get to see it. Found a clip of Malkin yelling at Kuz on youtube, but thats it.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not sure its already been posted, but is there video of what happened at the end of the game? Didn't get to see it. Found a clip of Malkin yelling at Kuz on youtube, but thats it.

Went searching yt to potentially give you clips and got ovie, geno and kuz suprising kids in russia in the summer. heh.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Murray worries me this season because consistency has been his achilles heel all season long.

I was just thinking be turned the corner on control last game, then this.

I am might unimpressed with the team again. Even if game was pointless.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

Wasn't anything really. That was about it.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Against the Caps?

I'd go HGH and, assuming Phil has his **** together, Phil with Sid and Jake. Then, I'd play Rust with Brass and Sheahan.

OR

I'd go Sheary-Sid-Horny, HGR, and Jake-Brass-Phil

Any other collection of combinations is silly.

I’m with you on the second option. Also I remember Sheary-Brassard-Kessel having some chemistry too.

AverageJoeFan

Mad cat
Feb 15, 2018
Pittsburgh
Cap's goalie I think was the difference last night. No bounces our way either. Just one of those nights. It happens. April 10th will be here soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad