Post-Game Talk: Caps 3, Pens 1 - NOW Geno is Playoff Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I wanna lose vs CBJ then. Give me the caps round one. I know it's tradition to beat them in round two...but let's change things up.

I think we’ll get #2 spot. Not sure who #3 will be. I predicted Philly a while back. That’s probably best for us.

I don’t think this team will worry about the standings at all in terms of tanking a game to get a better match up.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
in spite of the result, i didn't see anything particularly egregious tonight that they haven't shown us most of the season anyway. in other words, they seem to be having the same struggles that they have had (poor defense, etc.)

i'm not worried yet. i dunno though, my girlfriend and i booked a hotel for our first vacation together so it was hard for me to really put too much attention to this game.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Will never be able to take this prat seriously:

evgeny-kuznetsov-scores-game-one-round-two-penguins.jpg

Hope Malkin rearranges his face if we meet the Caps in the playoffs. Couldn't make it look any worse.

Where’s Randy’s pigeon man

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
KIRK haven’t you been saying that HGH ran its course and time to put Rust there?

I think you mix and match with those 2 depending on who is going.
Jake-Sid-____
Hags-Geno-____
____-Brassard-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-____

With Horny, Rust, ZAR, and Jooris/Simon filling those spots. That's the framework. Let those guys rotate in and out of those lines. And double shift Sid, Geno, Kessel and Brassard in for Jooris/Simon, ZAR, and Sheary as often as possible.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Outside of the goal in between Maata’s legs, I think Murray played well. Would have liked to see more of an effort on the first one but once again, our defense was no where to be found. Basically was a breakaway. 3rd. Absolutely no way anyone stops that. Wilson had his back turned and somehow deflected that up high.

Only thing I’ll say. It was nice to see Horny be the only one that cared for 59 minutes of the game. Malkin blew a gasket at the end. Would love to see this team with more fire.

Last thing, I don’t care who we play first round. The only thing that this team should worry about is getting Brassard back, continue to limit the defensive brain farts and finding out what in the hell is wrong with Phil Kessel.

There’s two games left. We are in the playoffs. Someone has to play this team in a 7 game series. Win or lose. Life goes on and this team has still won Cups the past two years.

Reactions: EightyOne

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
What happened at the end with the penalties? Didn't watch the third?

As far as the game, I didn't the Pens were good, but didn't think they were bad. Simply couldn't score. Had their chances. However, they simply have to convert Thursday. Home ice most likely on the line.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Surprised that the Pens did not extract a pound of flesh with a minute left and a 5 on 3. Really what could they do? Add time to the 5 on 3?

Cross check the hall out of anyone near the net.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Sheary-Sid-Horny
HGR
Guentzel-Brassard-Kessel
ZAR-Sheahan-Jooris

Or

Guentzel-Sid-ZAR
HGH
Rust-Brassard-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-Jooris

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Not that it's breaking news or anything, but the Pens are going as far as the power play can take them. Too many 0-fers like tonight, and it won't be a long run.

PP has been bad lately, but there is too much talent and too many chances. They will start filling the net soon, and they need to. If the PP isn't working then CBJ, PHI, WAS will have no problems taking penalties. Need to make them pay for early and often for penalties in the series otherwise they will take liberties.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Jake-Sid-____
Hags-Geno-____
____-Brassard-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-____

With Horny, Rust, ZAR, and Jooris/Simon filling those spots. That's the framework. Let those guys rotate in and out of those lines. And double shift Sid, Geno, Kessel and Brassard in for Jooris/Simon as often as possible.

Jake-Sid-Hornqvist
Hags-Geno-Rust
ZAR -Brassard-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-Jooris

I thought L3 needed a fast forechecker on LW but Brassard can do that if needed and ZAR helps on the boards or goes to the net. Phil lurks :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Jake-Sid-Hornqvist
Hags-Geno-Rust
ZAR -Brassard-Kessel
Sheary-Sheahan-Jooris

I though L3 needed a fast forechecker on LW but Brassard can do that if needed and ZAR helps on the boards or goes to the net. Phil lurks :laugh:
That works for me. Regardless of where we start, I expect the lines to shuffle quite a bit.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
I wanna see how how they come out for the playoffs.

It has seemed many times for stretches this year that they have looked like they were on autopilot. Were they trying to conserve energy, or did they become complacent after winning B2Bs along with maybe being a little tired?

It will definitely be interesting to see if they continue to coast in the playoffs or if they turn up the effort a bit more.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
KIRK haven’t you been saying that HGH ran its course and time to put Rust there?

I think you mix and match with those 2 depending on who is going.

Yes, but IF Rust MUST play with Sid, then you MUST run HGH.

I actually agree with your prescription, but Rust will stay on Sid's RW until the Pens are down in a series MAYBE, and I think you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad