GDT: Caps 2013 NHL Draft Thread

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I really hope he comes over to play with Erie. Having McDavid for your center for two years (potentially) could make for a pretty scary combination if he can put it all together.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I had to look up as I couldn't recall if coach Ftorek was hired before or during last season. Erie's coach is Kris Knoblauch

answer during the season

Erie already has a Swede on the roster, goalie Oscar Dansk, could be another positive.

Liberati0n*

Has he been asked / made any comments about how willing he is to come over?

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Sounds like he expected to be drafted, but by a different team. Someone on the OBs was saying that Halifax and Windsor had interest (Halifax picked right after Erie, had traded up to that spot) From the Otters thread in the OHL forum:

Burakovsky seems to be dissappointed.
To MrMadhawk.se he says:
"I don't know what's gonna happen now. This wasn't what I had expected. I have to call my agent"

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I really hope he comes over to play with Erie. Having McDavid for your center for two years (potentially) could make for a pretty scary combination if he can put it all together.

oh yea i forgot about that, now i really hope he comes over

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
FFS!

:facepalm:

please, please end up having enough character to get over the shock/disappointment/whogivesa**** and just show the **** up in erie...

Don't love the situation, but seriously, he has no requirement to show up in Erie. While some players agree with a team in advance that they will show up if picked, it's not like players register for this draft. Any eligible import can be picked by a team. At this point, if you read the translated version there's a lot of speculation based on one comment. No surprise, but wait and see what happens after development camp, etc.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Burakovsky and Erie import draft selection. Sorry, I didn't see the follow-up discussed. So, from this it definitely sounds like he was expecting to be picked by Windsor. <a href="http://mrmadhawk.se/2013/july/andre-hade-deal-med-windsor.html">link</a>

Also, the Swedish Hockey Federation rule about coming over to NA and national team play applies to '96 born and younger from anything I can find. Here's an updated piece yesterday on U18s and the Swedish Hockey Federation someone posted in the import draft thread.

This does not apply to Burakovsky as he's a 95. link

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I might have missed something in this saga(like him promising he would go to the CHL or similar), but I wouldn't ever expect a Swede to report to the CHL. The import draft effectively makes it crapshoot for Swedes, most want to control their destination whether it's at home or in Canada. Burakovsky can probably pick and choose between a dozen teams in Sweden, while in the CHL he has the one team.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Supposedly he was going to go to Windsor who had traded up to the pick after Erie so I'm guessing Erie just wanted to CB Windsor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad