GDT: Capitals|vs|Rangers|Game 6|4:30pm|msg|5.12.2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I would have liked to have seen Wilson be our 6th skater and park him out front

Game 7.

I assume no one is surprised by now.

He is very raw right now and kind of looks lost out there. Though that line barely gets any playing time. Again, not sure why he gets the sweater over Volpatti.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Summary of Oates Presser

We talk about it, we talk about it a lot

Green Slew footed per Oates. Biggest complaint tonight.

Same things we talk about every night.

Torts presser total time awkward silence Prop
<2:00 -110 >2:00 -130

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't hate him. He has 2 pts in 6 games and is a negative player. Period. If he doesn't step
up they're done.

Nicky and Mojo are anchors on him right now. That's why I'm saying change that **** up. A key lesson Oates has tried to teach Ovie is to use his teammates, be part of a line. Hard to do when your line mates are playing like crap.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
As bad as we played, i don't think the rangers played much better. An own goal deflection, and then goose-eggs on PP after PP, incl. a 5-on-3

Liberati0n*

Derek Avery Dorsett is so much less goony looking with his Helmut Kohl off.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Dec 4, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
MoJO and Backstrom cough the puck a lot to the Rangers. It seems the Rangers have defending that line down. If either passer gets in space, just get between Ovie and they'll force him the puck as soon as they run out of room. It's just stupid. Backstrom has been useless since Game 2, missing those chances has killed his confidence.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't hate him. He has 2 pts in 6 games and is a negative player. Period. If he doesn't step
up they're done.

He is playing with energy and finishing checks, but holy crap, putting that one in the empty net would have been appreciated.

MoJo, though, i really think he has earned a game in the press box. I don't know who you put there, but he is awful right now.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
MoJo, though, i really think he has earned a game in the press box. I don't know who you put there, but he is awful right now.

Yep. I've been saying this for weeks actually. He had a nice PPG rate in the regular season because Ovi went on a tear. The kid is not made for playoff hockey at all. I think today might have been his worst game. Turnover after turnover.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Torts Presser

when you say handled it, handled it on the ice, what do you mean?

holy crap give me another question

Under comes in.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
nhl network is mostly out of toronto and uses tsn contracted talent. they showed the elbow on tsn when it happened and so i am not shocked it ended up on the highlights.

for me the issue isnt that the caps get called for anything where the ranger moves his head. its that it doesnt go the other way. not one penalty in regulation to the rangers in a tight physical game just doesnt seem right even if you give the refs benefit of the doubt on stuff like callahan.

personally, i think the caps would be smart to rachet back the retaliation for game 7 or they will lose.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He is very raw right now and kind of looks lost out there. Though that line barely gets any playing time. Again, not sure why he gets the sweater over Volpatti.

While I agree he is raw / on par with Patti etc, with him far far away from our top line, we got shut out.

Couldn't hurt. We dressed him over Volpatti I believe, because he is a scorer.

Anyways, he is getting in on the rags defensemen and doing damage. I saw him clear the crease two times today.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@TedStarkey: Washington's last even-strength goal in regulation was Karl Alzner's shot in the third period of Game 4.

That's the real key right there. They're being too easily contained by the NYR team defense. Not enough tempo, crispness, movement or awareness in the offensive zone. Relying on point shots alone isn't going to get it done. The forwards have to do a much better job of creating quality looks and attacking more dangerously. They've got to be harder on the puck and better at protecting it and creating space. This was their worst game in that regard pretty easily.

FWIW: The same duo didn't call any penalties on Detroit in their Game 6 two days ago.

Last edited:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I need to leave the series thread on the main board for my own sanity.

It's quickly turned into a bunch of Rangers fans trying to convince themselves that the officiating this series has been fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Disgracefully reffed game. The Caps will have to overcome the Rangereferees in game 7 it looks like. (or is that the Referangers?)

I watched most of today's game. Obviously rooting for you guys to win. But even with an objective eye I thought you guys got hosed today by the zebras.
I hope the hockey gods noticed that and make things right tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad