GDT: Capitals|vs|Rangers|Game 6|4:30pm|msg|5.12.2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBCSN

Radio: 1500 AM and 106.7 The Fan FM/Capitals Radio Network

Washington Capitals (27-18-3)

New York Rangers (26-18-4)

Exactly one year ago on Sunday, the New York Rangers eliminated the Washington Capitals from the Stanley Cup playoffs with a 2-1 win at Madison Square Garden in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series between the two teams.

A year later, the Caps have a chance to return the favor in the same building.

The Capitals’ thrilling 2-1 overtime win in Friday’s Game 5 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal series with the Rangers puts Washington in a position to end the series with a win on Sunday in New York. The Rangers are seeking to force a Game 7, which would be played on Monday in Washington if necessary.

http://capitals.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2012030136&navid=DL|WSH|home

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
2am in the morning and the DVR TV listing isn't updated to show the 4:30pm game so I can set my DVR. WTF? :cry:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
The truth is that if the Rangers won the overtime games the capitals would have lost the series 4-1. Not much to brag about.

tumblr_mmoglerUmX1soc8afo1_250.gif

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I'm sure New York will come out fired up, Holtby will probably need to weather the storm early.

Let's just hope the officials don't gift the Rangers another 5 on 3.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Hard to be overly confident. I think the depth guys show up but I'm not sure about the stars or Holtby. If they do, we win. If they don't, it's another road loss and back to praying in G7.

Let's go Caps!

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
For whatever reason with all the playoff games between the Caps and Rangers, I still don't get the feel of a rivalry with them as I do with Pittsburgh or even Philadelphia.

That said, using Alan May's thoughts about Wilson's appearance in game 5, "he needs to put Stepan through the glass", Caps need to seriously do it!

Slappy

May 29, 2007
2am in the morning and the DVR TV listing isn't updated to show the 4:30pm game so I can set my DVR. WTF? :cry:

Same here. Will have to record all the crap (baseball, ravens tv, etc) listed on CSN and hope that works

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Feeling confident. Really, the only way I wouldn't is if we play like in game 4, which I wouldn't expect to happen 2/3 games. Expecting to see the officiating be brutal and the Rags have 2x more PP's than the Caps (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad