Series Discussion: Capitals vs Islanders

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The importance of Holtby playing well can't be understated.

If Ovechkin and Backstrom are 80% their usual selves, this should be a 5-6 game series.

I'm curious to see how the neutral ice plays out during the series considering the struggles they've had on home ice. This could be an X-factor.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I am very interested to see how the Caps come out from an energy and intensity perspective. Seems pretty obvious that they didn't approach the round robin games with the same intensity as elimination round games. They had a few games to get their legs back under them and they should feel better about their game given the win today but the Isles had to jump right in and play four meaningful games; that dynamic could be a blessing or a curse.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
4 votes for the Gilligans to win the series (3 from random isles fans and 1 vote from Wethog).

Are you Gilligan or Thurston in this pic? :laugh:

WN5V72BFNBIHGIWSIZZS2ZL2A4.jpg

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Playing the Islanders is the best case scenario for this team. Lots of storylines to fire up both the coaching staff and the players. See if the coaching staff can best their old mentor and see if the players can have playoff success away from Trotz

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Why would the Caps be particularly fired up about playing Trotz? He won a Cup for/with them, they seemed to like him, the GM got rid of him, and he ended up going to a worse team...

I think they might have to get fired up the old-fashioned way, start the series 0-2 or something.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Why would the Caps be particularly fired up about playing Trotz? He won a Cup for/with them, they seemed to like him, the GM got rid of him, and he ended up going to a worse team...

I think they might have to get fired up the old-fashioned way, start the series 0-2 or something.
Because BMac didn't get rid of him. He quit on the team and players that enabled him to win a Cup.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Watched Todd's post game presser. Asked about Carlson, he said, "He continues to skate and make some progress." It sounded like some progress was the best spin he could put on it without lying. Sounds to me like Carlson isnt close to playing.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’m worried about Holtby’s motivation since Dale Tallon got fired

Reactions: um

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Don't know who wins, but this will go to 6-7 games for sure. With all our injuries and aging stars, I'm not confident this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad