Series Discussion: Capitals vs Islanders

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Gonna be a heavy-game type series, which suits us just fine.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
This is one of the few teams I think the Capitals match up well against. Columbus, Carolina, and even Montreal are strong puck-possession teams with good forechecks and those types of teams typically give the Capitals fits. The Islanders have good structure but they're not really dominant on the puck and I think the Capitals have enough creativity and talent to break them down. If Holtby can keep up his solid run of play I think this is a team they should be solidly favored against.

I'll say Capitals in 7 mainly because I don't know the status of Carlson yet. If he was healthy I'd say Caps in 6.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Our faltering offence playing against a good defensive team will either be a DISASTER or at least be an excuse.

Think they'll all be close games, but hoping we have the firepower to sneak the extra goal in the 2-1 wins.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Really hoping Fehervary gets consistent ice time this series. The defense is struggling to move the puck up ice, and his skating would be a lot more useful towards fixing that than either of Gudas or Siegenthaler.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Really hoping Fehervary gets consistent ice time this series. The defense is struggling to move the puck up ice, and his skating would be a lot more useful towards fixing that than either of Gudas or Siegenthaler.
After the last two games Fever must have passed Gudas on the depth chart.

No chance he plays over Seigs though, not this year with this coaching staff. They haven't wavered in support for Siegenthaler all year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am so lost. Palyoffs already?

f*** Dennis Potvin yeah me and Bengt are still bent.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Seeing how many weight this series on Holtby, im once again suspicious on letting him go on agency. Can we really be comfortable next season saying that we can win anyone as long as Samsonov is playing as good as he can be?

Anyways. Islanders. Not sure how this will play out. Our system was created by the Wizard of TrOz, and now the apprentice will Have to take head on against the beast. Heavy game vs heavy game. Islanders will rally on winning this one for Barry. They will be all fired up. And they know their defence. And they know our ”secrets”. Its going to be tough to score on them. Fortunately they dont have our talent so if we play our A game they wont be scoring all that much either. But its harder to sell this series in our locker room than in the opponents, so we might be in for a long and frusfrating series.

I still take Islanders over the Canes. They will play us with our own style and we just need to be better at that. May the best team win. May it be us.

Reactions: RandyHolt

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
The isles are going to play really hard for the Trotz factor, this series is a toss up for me.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
With Ovy-Orlov as the pair PP2 was
Vrana-Kovalchuk-Wilson
Instead of
Eller-Vrana-Wilson
and Ovy could rotate down low and at the points it was Orlov-Kovy, I liked that look

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad