Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Flames-We won a game Saturday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think the players really care half the time. Force them to take credit for anything, and they almost always try to defer credit to someone else. It's why I like hockey interviews, they are a humble crowd. Just happy to be here.

Has a reporter simply asked Nick if he felt it hit his twig? I don't think you can always feel it, say if tape on the end barely touched it.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
my understanding of how nhl players are, particularly on tight teams like the capitals is that you don't take cred for a goal when you didn't touch the puck. All Backstrom has to say is that he didn't touch it.

I don't think they give a **** about who touched the puck. Shattenkirk was laughing at how Oshie and Backstrom jumped at the same time to try to push it in. The goal was originally credited to 22 with the assists from 8 and 19, now it's 19 from 22 and 77.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Ovi has now two assists stolen away from him in the past two games.

And now Nicky has -1 assist, so he's one away from the leader.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Ovi has now two assists stolen away from him in the past two games.

And now Nicky has -1 assist, so he's one away from the leader.

I noticed that too. I believe he also had one taken away early run the year.

Add that to the 4 disallowed goals due to coaches challenge in the last two years, they are taking a lot of points away from the guy. Fair or not.

Earlier in the year i saw Crosby get an assist added like a day or two later.

Conspiracy

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I noticed that too. I believe he also had one taken away early run the year.

Add that to the 4 disallowed goals due to coaches challenge in the last two years, they are taking a lot of points away from the guy. Fair or not.

Earlier in the year i saw Crosby get an assist added like a day or two later.

Conspiracy

Dupuis shot a puck that was on Stepans stick, into a wide open net that the NHL originally put as unassisted, but then they noticed Crosby deflected the shot and magically Crosby assist got added, but not the dman who shot it.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Looking over the standings and Pitt and CBJ are scary close. We might need points in the rest of our games to keep the 1 seed and avoid the 1st round death match.

I'm glad we have been better the last 4 games but the west coast vacation maybe really burn us in the end.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Looking over the standings and Pitt and CBJ are scary close. We might need points in the rest of our games to keep the 1 seed and avoid the 1st round death match.

I'm glad we have been better the last 4 games but the west coast vacation maybe really burn us in the end.

or rather the west coast vacation forced us to wake up at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad