Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Flames-We won a game Saturday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Jake Guentzel hurt for the Pens. Not sure how long he'll be out for.

Looks like a concussion.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
After 10 years of being the laughing stock, my body isn't ready for that "outhouse to penthouse" type success of reaching a SCF, especially against the Caps.

Good luck in the playoffs, sincerely!

The Oilers have been my second favourite team since 1978 when they were still in the WHA. Washington and Edmonton. Talk about a tale of two teams. :help:

Would be nice for McD to get some positive playoff experience, anyway. :)

Thanks for the well wishes. It's going to be a huge challenge for the Caps. Maybe the bounces will go their way, for once.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
That was a really nice pass by 22 on the Ovie goal. I mean, he made it look easy. But that's not an easy pass

I was worried after the suspension that perhaps he might not fit in as well as we thought he would. Tonight's game put those concerns to rest. Clear signs of progress, he understands the system much better than he did 3 weeks ago.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was at the game tonight. Caps looked the best I've seen them play in a while. That 2nd period was terrific. The top line was near unstoppable and Ovie's goal was well deserved. Encouraging stuff for sure.

Johnny Hockey has some mitts on him.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Ovi reminds me Malkin these days in the sence he is too damn inconsistent. When he plays like tonight, he is the best player in the world bar none. No Crosby, Malkin, McDavid or whoever else can touch him. Some nights though he seems he doesn't give a crap anymore... Hopefully tonight's game translates into his last 10 & than most importantly in play-offs!!!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovi reminds me Malkin these days in the sence he is too damn inconsistent. When he plays like tonight, he is the best player in the world bar none. No Crosby, Malkin, McDavid or whoever else can touch him. Some nights though he seems he doesn't give a crap anymore... Hopefully tonight's game translates into his last 10 & than most importantly in play-offs!!!

Even when he plays like tonight he's not the best in the world. The stretches in which he looks like the best player in the world date back to at least a year ago, when he would have 25 goals in 30 games.

Ovi is due for a few goals. His sh% can't stay that low forever :)

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Even when he plays like tonight he's not the best in the world. The stretches in which he looks like the best player in the world date back to at least a year ago, when he would have 25 goals in 30 games.

Ovi is due for a few goals. His sh% can't stay that low forever :)

I disagree. The thing that elevates Malkin and Ovechkin over Crosby and McDavid in my mind is when they're on their game, they're not just offensive juggernauts. They're just dominating people with physical play and Ovi was doing that tonight. Off-kilter Ovi can score or he can hit, when he's doing both there's no one on the planet that can touch him imo.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I disagree. The thing that elevates Malkin and Ovechkin over Crosby and McDavid in my mind is when they're on their game, they're not just offensive juggernauts. They're just dominating people with physical play and Ovi was doing that tonight. Off-kilter Ovi can score or he can hit, when he's doing both there's no one on the planet that can touch him imo.

That's true, but he doesn't fully tilt the ice like he used to by having the puck on a string. He still fumbles it and fans on the puck from time to time. Malkin, Crosby, McDavid, when they're on top of their game they score and they put on a stick handling clinic, they can protect the puck endlessly.

I don't expect Ovi to do the things he used to do when he was young, I just want him to be responsible defensively, not give up possession easily, win board battles and make nice passes. He did that tonight and more. I love that his playmaking touch seems to be back to pre-Hunter levels again.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Ovie needs way too much help these days to be in contention for best player in the NHL. He doesn't win many foot races or power through defenders with the puck anymore, and he relies on his linemates to get him the puck in scoring areas.

When he's on he's elite, he just isn't in contention for best overall anymore.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Missed the game and watching it now, man, Burakvsky and Kuznetsov are flying out there. The whole team is flying, i'm on the 2nd priod 2nd goal now

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Missed the game and watching it now, man, Burakvsky and Kuznetsov are flying out there. The whole team is flying, i'm on the 2nd priod 2nd goal now

Just finished the replay. If we can keep this up on into the playoffs it'll be what we've all wished for. Let's keep getting them points boys! :yo:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Was in attendance for this one! Thoughts that I took away:

RESIGN OSHIE ASAP!

Trade Johannson the day after the Caps win the Cup!

'17/18 top 6:
8 - 19- 77
65 - 92 - 43?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
It is impressive how video replay of the Nick goal relies on the speed of the puck slightly increasing, and not requiring evidence of contact with the stick. I assume the puck is too heavy to not have been blown just a smidgen faster from the air of the visually apparent whiff.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It is impressive how video replay of the Nick goal relies on the speed of the puck slightly increasing, and not requiring evidence of contact with the stick. I assume the puck is too heavy to not have been blown just a smidgen faster from the air of the visually apparent whiff.

This. Locker said he thought Nicky touched it but I've watched it several times and just don't see it.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
my understanding of how nhl players are, particularly on tight teams like the capitals is that you don't take cred for a goal when you didn't touch the puck. All Backstrom has to say is that he didn't touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad