Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Flames-We won a game Saturday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Good win but didn't like the way we played the 3rd period. Calgary seemed to find something in that 3rd period, attacking down the middle. Or perhaps we collapsed too much.

Good to see top line playing well, 2nd line being hindered by MJ and Williams. Hopefully Williams does his usual playoff turnaround. MJ...ugh.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Uh, when did Burakovsky become a puck possession monster? Dude was using his body to protect the puck. He just leveled up. He's looking like he could become a top line type player.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I mean, a Brouwer goal was pretty much gauranteed in light of the GDT chunk devoted to ******** on him.

All of which i agreed with, of course. Still, next time let's not give such obvious bait to the trickster hockey gods. We set ourselves up for that one

Not like the hockey gods have yet to bestow any boons on this hockey team in AO's era, heh.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Shatty starting to pay to dividends on the PP. Goal in the second, and a beautiful feed to OV in the third.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I couldn't disagree with Locker more...he basically wants the old style playoff hockey style 2-1, 1-0 games...if that is what we want welcome to a first round exit. We have to score..the stats speak for themselves in the playoffs...that crap does not work.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Good win but didn't like the way we played the 3rd period. Calgary seemed to find something in that 3rd period, attacking down the middle. Or perhaps we collapsed too much.

Good to see top line playing well, 2nd line being hindered by MJ and Williams. Hopefully Williams does his usual playoff turnaround. MJ...ugh.

Trotz changed the match up, he went from matching our top 6 against their bottom 6 to power on power.

I think his strategy is to get an early lead by exploiting match ups and then protecting it by going power on power. Still dominated that game overall, a welcome sight. Could've been 6 goals if not for Elliott.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Thank you Capitals!!!

Sincerely,

Oilers fans

grkOO.gif

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Nice win against a pretty good club who happened to be on quite the roll. Great to see Ovie score and get three points. If he can come around, the Caps will be truly dangerous.

Also, congrats to Ovie on his 400th career PP point. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad