GDT: Capitals vs Flames 10:00 EST Zzzzz

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We did more than enough to win that game. Edmonton was lucky Scrivens played well.

I finally got a chance to watch that game last night and it was just like the MTL series in the 3rd period, but only in the 3rd period. In the earlier periods EDM was pumping their legs and beating the Caps with team speed. Both teams got good saves from their goalies in the first two periods and got a few breaks here and there, but the combination of blocked shots (around 30), shots from the perimeter/point mainly, and a few good saves sealed the deal in the 3rd.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
We did more than enough to win that game. Edmonton was lucky Scrivens played well.
Ture, but those will happen to the best of teams during an 82 game grind.

What bothers me the most about that game is the time off before and after it... just seems to me that the Caps could/ should have played w/more intensity in the 1st/2nd pds like they did in the 3rd :huh: They were rested going in and would have plenty of time after before facing CAL.

All in all still pleased w/their start so far - competing with and beating some playoff making caliber teams.

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
6d8145f0-5b99-11e4-b4f0-a11f6a7a2880_Ovi-Cowboy.jpg

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Hiller is beyond hot right now. Any word if its him or Ramo tonight?

and thank god Fehr is back on the first line. Maybe we'll actually notice that line again.

Last edited:

bWo*

Ramo isn't some average back up quality goalie. This game is going to be hard fought and I think it's going to a low scoring one

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We should not be thinking there are any cupcake matchups in the NHL anymore. At least, I hope the players don't think that way.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Ramo isn't some average back up quality goalie. This game is going to be hard fought and I think it's going to a low scoring one

He's not bad but I'd rather face him than Hiller who has stopped 99 of his last 101 shots.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We should not be thinking there are any cupcake matchups in the NHL anymore. At least, I hope the players don't think that way.

that's right. the caps are on the road for a Canadian western conf run. Getting two points out of the 3 games should be the goal and tonight is probably the best shot at it.

Burakovsky95*

Trying to figure out who to bet on this game. Do we usually suck the first period?

Not the entire period. Outside of the Montreal game we've taken about 8 or so minutes to get fully going. At least IMO.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Love the west coast start times!

Two IPA deep thus far, will likely be 4 at the first intermission.

I am hoping for one of those great Caps performances, a 6-1 road win with goals from Ovy, Bura and Green. However knowing how it usually goes out west, Orpik banks one in off Holtby with 3 to go, 2-1 Flames win.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00