Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs. Coyotes 11/2/14 7:00 PM Caps Lose 6-5

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
2 of Arizona's goals came on the PP and 1 RIGHT after another expired. The last 2 Peters gave up bad angle short side goals b/c he went down way too early.

Just as an FYI, this is actually not "going down too early." It's a technique that is designed to help cover more of the low angle at the expense of the more difficult high angle shot. I personally don't like it and have moved away from it to a different technique that allows me to keep the lead pad on the ice while taking away the high angle as well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Would take Peters over most of that bunch of washed up veterans, aside of Vokoun (if he could prove he's healthy) and Bryzgalov. Hindsight makes me wish they had gunned harder for a couple of the better young back-ups, though. Namely Greiss or Montoya.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Just as an FYI, this is actually not "going down too early." It's a technique that is designed to help cover more of the low angle at the expense of the more difficult high angle shot. I personally don't like it and have moved away from it to a different technique that allows me to keep the lead pad on the ice while taking away the high angle as well.

Well either way he had the angle and probably should have made at least the bad angle unscreened shot by the Dman. Those goals he gave up looked far too easy and the shooter had plenty of room.

He had a bad game tho. He's a better goalie than he showed there.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Well either way he had the angle and probably should have made at least the bad angle unscreened shot by the Dman. Those goals he gave up looked far too easy and the shooter had plenty of room.

He had a bad game tho. He's a better goalie than he showed there.

Oh I'm definitely not saying he shouldn't have had them. I'm saying he did what he did on purpose and I hate it and think it gives up goals.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Oh I'm definitely not saying he shouldn't have had them. I'm saying he did what he did on purpose and I hate it and think it gives up goals.

Well if he is being coached to play that way, and this goes for Holtby also, I would suggest coaching the 6'5" Rinne to do that is a decent amount different than coaching the 6'1" Caps goaltenders to do that. Exposing 3 or 4 more inches at the top of the net is a whole lot in this league IMO...

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Well if he is being coached to play that way, and this goes for Holtby also, I would suggest coaching the 6'5" Rinne to do that is a decent amount different than coaching the 6'1" Caps goaltenders to do that. Exposing 3 or 4 more inches at the top of the net is a whole lot in this league IMO...

Yes, that's one of the reasons I don't like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad