PK%​
|78.1 (21st)
49.3 (19th)|
FO%​
| 54.3 (1st) 55.1 (4th) | |48.7 (21st)
54.0 (4th) | |46.9 (24th)

[FORWARD LINEUP MAY CHANGE CLOSER TO GAME TIME]
Left Wing|Center|Right Wing|Left Wing|Center|Right Wing
8 Alex Ovechkin|19 Nicklas Backstrom|42 Joel Ward|8 Tobias Rieder|50 Antoine Vermette|19 Shane Doan
90 Marcus Johansson|92 Evgeny Kuznetsov|20 Troy Brouwer|10 Martin Erat|11 Martin Hanzal|12 Justin Hodgman
25 Jason Chimera|65 Andre Burakovsky|16 Eric Fehr|36 Rob Klinkhammer|9 Sam Gagner|89 Mikkel Boedker
83 Jay Beagle|46 Michael Latta|43 Tom Wilson|22 Brandon McMillan|14 Joe Vitale|44 B.J. Crombeen

Left Defenseman|Right Defenseman|Left Defenseman|Right Defenseman
44 Brooks Orpik|74 John Carlson|23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson|4 Zbynek Michalek
27 Karl Alzner|2 Matt Niskanen|3 Keith Yandle|26 Michael Stone
88 Nate Schmidt|52 Mike Green|20 Chris Summers|5 Connor Murphy

Goaltender|Goaltender
70 Braden Holtby (3-3-1) 2.51 GAA .899 Sv%|30 Mike Smith (2-6-0) 3.84 GAA .873 Sv%
35 Justin Peters (Starting) (1-1-1) 2.01 GAA .914 Sv%|32 Devan Dubnyk ( Starting ) (3-3-1) 2.57 GAA .889 Sv%

Team|Player|Status|Injury|Notes
Washington|4 John Erskine, D|Out (IR)|Neck|Had Surgery 10/22
Washington|21 Brooks Laich, F|Out (IR)|Upper Body|
Washington|17 Aaron Volpatti, F|Out|Neck|-
Washington|9 Dmitry Orlov, D|Out|Wrist|-
Washington|87 Liam O’Brien, F|Healthy Scratch|-|-
Washington|38 Jack Hillen, D|Healthy Scratch|-|-
Arizona|18 David Moss, F|Out (IR)|Upper Body|-
Arizona|24 Kyle Chipchura, F|Healthy Scratch|-|-
Arizona|6 David Schlemko, D|Healthy Scratch|-|-
Arizona|28 Lauri Korpikoski, F|Healthy Scratch|-|-

Media|Links
TV|CSN-DC, FS-A
Listen| Caps Radio Network , KTAR NEWS 92.3 FM
Streams| Streamhunter , FirstRow , Cricfree , WiZiWiG , Live TV

vBookie
WSH (0.59)
ARI (1.55)

Go to vBookie
« Previous GDT | Next GDT »

#CapsYotes #Caps #Capitals

Last edited:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Dear Hockey Gods:

We went out and got a real coach.

We went out and bought some real actual D-men. We are no longer fielding 2-3 AHLers on the blue line each night.

#8 is backchecking, blocking shots, throwing hits, and hustling. His controller is connected. Years have passed since he warmed his hands over the 'hot stick.'

Please, hockey gods, give us a couple bounces tonight. Give us a seeing-eye Garrison goal of our own. Allow us a 7-0 laugher. Give us a night of easy tap-ins and a surplus of PPs. Let us relax and marvel at the two new kids, #92 and #65.

Please, hockey gods, do us this solid.

Best wishes,
Caps faithful

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
We just need some luck. I hope we embarrass them because that's how it should be. The Yotes are playing bad and losing. We're playing good and losing. Hoping for a 5-2 win but it's probably going to be a 3-2 loss.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
get the lead and step on their throats, these guys gotta have that killer mentality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I guess I'm the only one not panicking. They're playing good hockey. They're in a stretch where every mistake we make is in our net, seeing eye pucks are going in against us, and all of our goals have to be quality chances. Bishop and Scrivens were outstanding or those are both wins.

This is not like Oates where we're getting outshot 32-21 every night and hoping to score 2 on the PP to win. Luck and bounces will turn around -- I just hope the guys keep playing hard until that time comes.

Kuznetsov is really flashing his potential. Looked great last night and created some great chances. Those will find the net soon. Need a W here tonight.

Also, someone help me out here. Aren't Holtby, Chimera, Carlson, Ovie, and some of the rest slow starters?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Waiting for first even strength goal from Kuzya. He was sooo close against Bolts.

There's absolutely no way we can lose this one. No *** way. Stop saying about bad luck, just limit deflections in front of net and destroy them. They were outplayed by Panthers and Hurricanes.

10-3 Caps

3x Ovie, 3x Kuz, 3 Bura, 1x Green

Erat hatter for them

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Great high intensity game last night wondering how hard the boys come out to play tonight we'll see what they have left in the tank. I think they'll pull a 3-1 win tonight with goals by Backstrom, Chimmer, and Niskanen

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Lets see if the trend continues - another 3 period collapse.

Yesterday, it was the second period. The 3 other games, it was the 3rd period. If we play a full 60, we should win this easily. I don't think we can play a full 60. We're too weak mentally.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Well, the go ahead goal was scored in the 3rd last night. At the end of the day, the trend has been to give up goals in the 3rd that ends us dooming us. Have they been able to win a game in 3rd this year yet? NJ game I guess? Any other?

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I feel good about things. Maybe that has to do with me believing we are a lot farther away from a cup then most of you guys. So I see a lot of this a step up.

I look at it like this. I had to put the lines in to keep it spaced so it made some sense.

--------------------------Last Season----------------This Season
System-------------------2 out 10----------------------7 out 10
Execution-----------------2 out 10----------------------5 out 10
Overall Toughness-------3 out 10----------------------6 out 10
Mental Toughness---------None------------------------4 out 10
Hockey IQ----------------3 out 10----------------------5 out 10

Like it or not the core of this team is mentally weak with a low hockey IQ. And no coach or system can that change that in a few months. Someone said before that we have to many of the same kind of players on the team. And I think they were right on the money.

I am one that is glad we did not give up on Mojo. He is playing much better now that he does not feel like he has to get the puck to OV all the time. In a salary cap league he gives great bang for the buck on paper. Is he physically a top six player on a cup team? Maybe in a season or two.

Really how many of our top six would be top six on most playoff teams? Bur gets a pass seeing he is a investment at 2C. Other then OV and Nick the other top six guy are fringe top six.

Last edited by a moderator:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
something to watch for after seeing trotz postgame comments about Holtby. Peters plays tonight. If the Caps win, I bet he starts the next game too

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
As Ovechkin goes so go the Caps. Time for the Captain to show up.

If Bura and the PP had made better passes, he would have at least 3 more goals by now. It's not about him not showing up, he just can't bury his chances right now. He needs to do a better job of trying to get open or he should at least attempt to create havoc in front of the net.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the short comment was that they should have won the with three goals. he also said that one goal was a deflection but he needs to have the other three. he added that bishop was good. that the caps out chanced them by a 2 to 1 ratio and should have won the game.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Yeah hi guys, we really really suck this year and need to continue the tank desperately. We got shutout by Carolina yesterday and we didn't even look competitive against them, so you if you guys could just get an Ovechtrick and beat us or something, yeah that'd be great.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Yeah hi guys, we really really suck this year and need to continue the tank desperately. We got shutout by Carolina yesterday and we didn't even look competitive against them, so you if you guys could just get an Ovechtrick and beat us or something, yeah that'd be great.

We have a 3 game losing streak. We lost to Edmonton. We are not that great.

Wouldn't be surprised if you guys won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad