Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs. Blackhawks- 4/11/14 7:00 PM Caps Win 4-0

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Beagle deserves a lifetime contract. Obviously Oates was right all along.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Yes.

But if you ask the main board it's cause Ovi is terrible.

Lol and then they say "Well Backstrom has 60 assists and he plays with the same players"

Ignoring the fact the Ovechkin is the best finisher in the game.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Lol and then they say "Well Backstrom has 60 assists and he plays with the same players"

Ignoring the fact the Ovechkin is the best finisher in the game.

And then add in the fact Johansson has more primary assists than Backstrom lol.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Apparently this is Beagles first multi goal game of his career, which is surprising because he played with Ovechkin for so many games.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Tim Leone @timleone
The Leader-Post in Regina reports that Chandler Stephenson has agreed to terms on a 3-year ELC with #Caps and is poised to head to Hershey.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Orlov has so much ****ing potential. **** Oates and GMGM for trying to bury him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh and the defensemen clearly have not been following Oates' "Bourque Rule" for at least a few games now. Unbelievable the intentional handicaps Oates used to bog down this team.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
OV has been drifting to the left all game, and has looked great. go figure.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
When Orlov is allowed to come down hard on the play, he's so damn clean with the puck. I would seriously kill too see what he could have done had he been a forward.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Who wants to bet Oates tries to claim the players are just now getting his system?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Ovechkin leading the team finally. He doesn't give a **** and is playing on the left wing all over the place and the teams forecheck looks dominant.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Who wants to bet Oates tries to claim the players are just now getting his system?

I doubt that, it'd be a knock his system's to hard to get. Instead he'll say they finally played the system the right way and you're obviously seeing good things for the future! As long as they keep systeming hard, the skys the limit!

Reality is all the things he's preached we're seeing broken (Defense attacking and coming down hard from the point, Ovi constantly on the left side, etc. etc.) but he'll take credit for it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I doubt that, it'd be a knock his system's to hard to get. Instead he'll say they finally played the system the right way and you're obviously seeing good things for the future! As long as they keep systeming hard, the skys the limit!

Reality is all the things he's preached we're seeing broken (Defense attacking and coming down hard from the point, Ovi constantly on the left side, etc. etc.) but he'll take credit for it.

That's what I meant.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

What's funny is the major reason we made the playoffs last year is because nobody understood his P.O.S. "system".

How many times did we see Green at the end of last year skating hard in from the blue line to rip a wrister top shelf? Or Ovi coming down the LW? That's clearly against Oates' system, and those two players getting hot is the only thing that put us in the playoffs.

Now we're seeing people ignoring his system again (far less dump ins tonight, etc) and they are playing well again.

A new coach will do wonders.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Two things I see likely:

1) Humiliating loss. The Caps fired all their ammo and got out their no-playoffs-for-you frustrations against Carolina. Now a good team with something to play for (seeding) smacks some reality into them.

2) Player rebellion. Sensing the end is near for Oates the players stifled by his micromanagement break the leash and go nuts. Either a glorious and exciting win or a comical debacle of blown line changes and full speed Cap-on-Cap collisions.

And the winner is....#2!

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Its amazing what happens when players are in the optimal sports for their skill set. I know Chicago was not 100% but we were swarming and Crawford had to make some crazy saves to keep it from getting really stupid. We have the talent to win 45 games IMO.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I won't laugh at all. Oates deserves it for how he plays it safe at the end of regulation and into OT to get to the shootout, when we suck at it anyways.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020343

Man if they miss it just because of the ROW though, gonna be a lot of things to point to. Backstrom goal taken away in in the 2-1 loss against the Stars... Orlov major against Philly.... Last couple minutes goal against in tied game against the Penguins... All the ****ing blown leads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad