Post-Game Talk: Capitals Vs. Blackhawks- 4/11/14 7:00 PM Caps Win 4-0

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Win for the home crowd after the last home game debacle. Nice night and give them something to cheer.

Caps will win if they can shut down Not-Toews.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oh this season...

101_bloody_breathing_lores.gif

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Two things I see likely:

1) Humiliating loss. The Caps fired all their ammo and got out their no-playoffs-for-you frustrations against Carolina. Now a good team with something to play for (seeding) smacks some reality into them.

2) Player rebellion. Sensing the end is near for Oates the players stifled by his micromanagement break the leash and go nuts. Either a glorious and exciting win or a comical debacle of blown line changes and full speed Cap-on-Cap collisions.

Liberati0n*

Really the only reason I'm going to watch is to see what they say (or don't) about Katie's article and related stuff.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
2) Player rebellion. Sensing the end is near for Oates the players stifled by his micromanagement break the leash and go nuts. Either a glorious and exciting win or a comical debacle of blown line changes and full speed Cap-on-Cap collisions.

I think we've been seeing some of this over the current win streak.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think we've been seeing some of this over the current win streak.

Yeah we know Holtby has finally blown off the goaltending crap they tried to heap on him. But apparently that kind of thing has been done to everyone. There are some quotes about it from Alzner in the Caps Insider article with its own thread, I think.

Bottom line is this team still has no identity, doesn't know what it's doing from night to night, and is micromanaged by a coach who doesn't know how to use the players his one-dimensional GM gives him.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Really the only reason I'm going to watch is to see what they say (or don't) about Katie's article and related stuff.

I'll probably switch back and forth between the Caps and Nats game. I doubt they even mention Katie's article.

Liberati0n*

I'll probably switch back and forth between the Caps and Nats game. I doubt they even mention Katie's article.

I don't mean directly. But they'll say things about the goalie play, etc., I think. That's what I'm interested in hearing. It's not much but it gives a little bit more of an idea of the climate around the organization.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I don't mean directly. But they'll say things about the goalie play, etc., I think. That's what I'm interested in hearing. It's not much but it gives a little bit more of an idea of the climate around the organization.

I dunno, I feel like Joe B is just going to call the game and Locker is going to suck up and talk about parity and the new division being tough while the team was hampered with injuries to key players like Green and Laich and how Ovi is a stud for potting 50.

I hope you're right though because that would be a lot more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberati0n*

I dunno, I feel like Joe B is just going to call the game and Locker is going to suck up and talk about parity and the new division being tough while the team was hampered with injuries to key players like Green and Laich and how Ovi is a stud for potting 50.

I hope you're right though because that would be a lot more interesting.

It's on NBCSN anyway so never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I thought CSN broadcast all the games in the local market regardless of whether or not it was scheduled nationally on NBC/NBCSN?

Edit: Nvm, just noticed your location is NY.

HereCometheHawks

O Captain My Captain
Nov 7, 2011
Are there always folding chairs in your penalty box? I don't think I've ever seen anything besides a bench before.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00