Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Avalanche 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
OV is next to useless if he’s not putting that PP shot on net. His value to the Caps at this point is magnified by having an offensively challenged coach, so it seems like we need his scoring or else.

He’s not getting his SC with this team and honestly my desire to see the Caps win a SC in my lifetime is stronger than my appreciation for the OV era.

Trade him, restock with some youth, and let’s try to find a more complete coach.

Or just get rid of this dinosaur coach. They started the season so well and then something happened.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
That effort was pathetic to allow Landeskog to get the hat trick at the end there. Exemplifies the problems with this team right now.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
This season it is..they have been calling that all year long. Whether you agree with it or not they have been consistent.
No they haven't. Only fairly consistent thing that has been called is hitting the wrist or glove. Guess what both calls I'm calling out didn't involve?

Further more they were calling any swing of the stick as Slashing during preason because the NHL refuses to hold refs accountable. They backed way off to start the regular season then came back to fairly close to last year's standard except calling the majority of wrist/glove contact.

Last edited:

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Fitting, an opponent hatty. I know Nisky has to shake off some rust, but Caps were routed tonite.

The past two seasons that hardly ever happened. Has this team sunk this low? Hard to believe.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't really expect a competent in-season replacement.

We know the core are hardly model students of the game but it's striking how they don't seem to work toward anything in particular within their offensive game beyond out-working the opposition. Once team defense goes, what does Trotz have to lean on? Not much.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I don't really expect a competent in-season replacement.

We know the core are hardly model students of the game but it's striking how they don't seem to work toward anything in particular within their offensive game beyond out-working the opposition. Once team defense goes, what does Trotz have to lean on? Not much.

Or, he could hold the core accountable, just like the young guys.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
OV is next to useless if he’s not putting that PP shot on net. His value to the Caps at this point is magnified by having an offensively challenged coach, so it seems like we need his scoring or else.

He’s not getting his SC with this team and honestly my desire to see the Caps win a SC in my lifetime is stronger than my appreciation for the OV era.

Trade him, restock with some youth, and let’s try to find a more complete coach.
I'm not against trading Ovi. It would free up some cap space. But I doubt we will ever trade him.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Teams r gonna love playing the Caps this season and piling it on for the beatings we gave them the last couple of seasons..everyone shore up and prepare:)

Gopack76

Nov 17, 2017
The real blame for this mess so far lies at the feet of GMBM. It was a disaster of an off-season.

Gopack76

Nov 17, 2017
Could have done things differently I agree..disaster? Can u elaborate?

Should have moved Grubby before the expansion draft for a draft pick. He had good value after last season.
Should have protected Schmidt and bought out Orpik. Could have left Niskanen unprotected and if he gets taken it clears salary that he doesn't live up to. Or could have left Carlson unprotected but you don't let an inexpensive, improving defensemen with speed get taken. Especially with the league trending towards a speed game. Orpiks big hits aside, he's been really bad and while I appreciate the effort, the foot speed just isn't there.
Caps have let a lot of depth go recently and clearly did not do a good job replacing it.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The real blame for this mess so far lies at the feet of GMBM. It was a disaster of an off-season.
We did have a very bad off season. Lost some guys to free agency. Lost Schmidt to Vegas. Overpaid a few players which forced us to trade Johansson. Are only pickups were borderline NHL players. But with no cap space we couldn't sign anyone. We also traded away a ton of draft picks. We didn't have a pick until the 4th round in the last draft.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You said he is the most overrated, most overpaid player on our team. I don’t think that’s remotely true.
Who is more overrated and over paid? When we signed Niskanen he was one of the highest paid defence men in the NHL. Even now his salary is in the top 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad