Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs Avalanche 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
First game for the Avs after their trip to Sweden. Need to have a very good first period.
Yeah, after tonight, Minnesota, Calgary, Ottawa, Tampa Bay, and the Kings. That stretch ends the month of November, where around 25% of the teams out of the playoff race at such time, make it.
The parody of the parity could mean that it could all come down to the last game of the season. I'm with you, control our own destiny and start playing how their capable of playing, get those points, don't give any away.
In terms of the Avalanche, we should beat them, provided we show up and play a 60 minute game.
Caps 3-2.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
18th in the league in Goals FOR per game and 14th in Goals AGAINST. Translated, poor offense and average D.

4-2 good guys.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Hopefully they win this one for Grubi. He deserves it.
Grubauer is 0-4-1 this season, he's better than that, he had 6 losses last year. 9 days ago he called out the team in front of him, "Tired of losing", they better respond, too often they leave him out to dry, he's not Holtby, but better than his record indicates, yeah, Eazy for Kuzy, he deserves better.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Uh that is not good. Vrana and the third line have been their only consistent source of pressure.

This is Trotz being Trotz and unless something weird is going on in the locker room then this move is asinine. Vrana's on-ice performance has been pretty good.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

How the hell do you look at the tape and determine Vrana is in "participation mode"? He's been skating hard and playing hard even if the points aren't there.

If you want him to look at the game from the press box for a day for a fresh perspective or whatever, fine. I'd disagree with that move too but at least it's justifiable. This explanation is garbage and it reeks of Trotz not knowing how to deal with young players going through stretches of inconsistent point production. There are 10 other players on the roster whose play more represents "participation mode" than Vrana's.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Trotz apparently thinks he's been a "passenger" and it's a message to get him more involved.

I think it's Trotz being Trotz and refusing to take his frustrations out on a veteran, so he picks on a rookie. No one questions a rookie getting healthy scratched.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Trotz is currently experience error ID10T

Passenger? If by passenger he means working harder than 1/2 the roster (including OV), then yah passenger.

FIRE TROTZ

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I hope Vrana can be the martyr and guys wake up seeing him get benched. But he is the wrong guy. Trotz should sit Backstrom or Bura a game and get a much greater effect. Honestly, why are our goalies calling out the team? Why aren't the captains or Trotz calling them out, isn't that in their job description?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Anyone have the Caps lines for tonight?
Forwards
Chandler Stephenson - Nicklas Backstrom - T.J. Oshie
Alex Ovechkin - Evgeny Kuznetsov - Devante Smith-Pelly
Brett Connolly - Lars Eller - Tom Wilson
Nathan Walker - Jay Beagle - Alex Chiasson
Defense
Dmitry Orlov - Matt Niskanen
Brooks Orpik - John Carlson
Taylor Chorney - Madison Bowey
Goalies
Philipp Grubauer starts with Braden Holtby as backup

Reactions: Lion Hound

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Me:
V5dme_s-200x150.gif

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Vrana a scratch....lol.... and the queue the ensuing fan revolt. Grab your pitchforks!

Dude needs to produce....end of story. Even a little production uptick would keep him in the lineup IMO. 2 pts in 13 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: IafrateOvie34

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Vrana healthy scratch.

Good.

While I’m not fawning over Vrana like some, your response is curious to me. The majority here seem to think he’s doing just fine...me I think he needs to do more than JUST have decent stats in SOME categories NOT INCLUDING, G, A, & PTS.

I’m fine with a one game correction, but if The kid doesn’t respond right and/or Trotz benches him for more games....I don’t think that helps the team long-term.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Trotz is micro-managing, it's his ideal, he knows no other way. Just as Brian23 and Corby78 mentioned, Trotz is making Vrana the scapegoat. 40 games into his NHL career, Vrana is being held accountable for what his veteran linemates are supposed to do by now. He's projected to be a top 6 scoring forward, jeez louise, Barry, stop sucking the life out of his game, stop making him so nervous. And if the argument is that Vrana isn't that good, I'd like to know why. Was it the scouts that made him a 13th overall pick? Was it the staff over at Hershey (Mann) ?, is it Trotz? Is it Vrana himself? What has he done that is so wrong, that makes him sit? And how do we change it?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Vrana a scratch....lol.... and the queue the ensuing fan revolt. Grab your pitchforks!

Dude needs to produce....end of story. Even a little production uptick would keep him in the lineup IMO. 2 pts in 13 games.

Then Trotz should have mentioned a lack of production rather than a lack of effort. That's the issue I'm having. Do people here really think Vrana isn't trying hard? He's been a part of the most consistent line the team has had over the past 5-10 games.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It’s interesting but almost every season of Vrana’s career He’s scored more goals than assists.....not sure what conclusions to draw from that, but maybe he needs to be more of a triggerman, pure shooter in his style and role.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Then Trotz should have mentioned a lack of production rather than a lack of effort. That's the issue I'm having. Do people here really think Vrana isn't trying hard? He's been a part of the most consistent line the team has had over the past 5-10 games.

I don’t see anything about him and a lack of effort, that’s your emotional misinterpretation unless you have a different quote or sound bite.

I interpret the comments as he wants Vrana to be more impactful and aggressive in his play. “Be more involved” is exactly that....score some goals, make some assists, have a direct impact on the game that 1st round skills guys should be having.

A reset worked for Burt last year....I’m not sweating it unless 13 responds poorly. At that point red flags are flying around him. I really hope some player is taking this kid under his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad