Capitals took out a full page ad in the Las Vegas Review-Journal to congratulate the Golden Knights

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Capitals showing a lot of class here

capitals-full-page-ad-vegas.jpg

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
You'd think after finally winning it they'd want to rub it in everyone's faces but instead they're showing grace and humility. I'm actually surprised

Naw. Caps and Caps fans have suffered for a long time. No need to act like big shots just because they won the Cup. No need to act like the nouveau riche.

While, I would love for the Caps to repeat next year, I’d be equally happy to see another long suffering franchise win the Cup.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Naw. Caps and Caps fans have suffered for a long time. No need to act like big shots just because they won the Cup. No need to act like the nouveau riche.

While, I would love for the Caps to repeat next year, I’d be equally happy to see another long suffering franchise win the Cup.
I've always liked the Caps as a team but honestly, my one friend who's a Caps fan gave me a bad impression of the fanbase, but even on your own boards, the majority of you guys genuinely seem like good people and your franchise is great too, I hope Ovi wins many cups with you guys in the future, you guys deserve it.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
My luck I was surrounded by a few bad Caps fans during Game 5 and had a sour taste in my mouth to the team and it's fans. Seeing this and all the fans I have spoken to since that point I think a lot higher of the Caps organization and their fanbase. I just don't like the team in general.

Sorry to hear that, most of us have been humbled over and over and over again.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
what a waste of money.... the knights were playing dirty as hell. Fu** em' , they should be shown no respect by LA, SJ, Winnipeg and Washington.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They just took out a full page ad in a Vegas newspaper to remind/to point out Vegas lost........

At no point in their full-page ad do they make any mention of who won the series.

Also, as if anyone in Vegas needs to be reminded which team lost. They already know.

Classy move by the Caps, winning with dignity and showing respect to their opponent.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
this is kinda like HF fans who come to your board with "___x___ fan coming in peace...."

just GTFO
I think when you’ve reached that point, you’re taking this internet thing too seriously.

This is a classy move on behalf of the Caps organization. What Vegas did was historic, and they’re acknowledging it in a nice way, without any “reading between the lines” jabs.

Reactions: mrv52 and JenniferH

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
It's a bit on the nose. I doubt they meant anything negative but I'd hate seeing that if I was living in Vegas and suddenly saw this.

As a Knights fan I have zero issue with this. I mean I haven't exactly been watching all these videos of Ovi and his teams partying it up, but I'm happy for them and their fanbase. Taking out the ad in the paper was a nice, classy gesture. I just hope one day we can return the favor.

Reactions: MacBradley

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
this is kinda like HF fans who come to your board with "___x___ fan coming in peace...."

just GTFO

Yeah, when an NHL team takes out a full page ad congratulating their opponent after losing in the finals I will be impressed.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
It's a nice gesture. As noted above, the Blackhawks did it for the Bruins in 2013. The common thing was that the losing team in both of these Finals had experienced some sort of attack on their city during the regular season (marathon bombing, shooting attack). I don't know that this is something that's typically been done in other instances. Anyhow, nice of them to do it.

EDIT: They even reference Vegas Strong in the ad, which is definitely a reference to the shooting. I find it odd no one else is referencing this context (as it was the same context for the Chicago ad in Boston in 2013).

Last edited:
Reactions: MacBradley

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You'd think after finally winning it they'd want to rub it in everyone's faces but instead they're showing grace and humility. I'm actually surprised
Hm. I kind of see this that way (hey remember the cup finals we just beat you in? Here's a reminder.)

I would be more impressed by a losing team doing something like that than a winning team but that's just me.

I'm sure the intentions are good but it's easy to be classy when you're the victor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad