GDT: Capitals @ Sabres | 10/1/14 | 7PM | CSN

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
past midway. i wonder if they'll subject grubauer to this

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's going to be really funny when Kuznetsov goes from Calder candidate to quietly bailing back to the KHL.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
I can't watch the game today. Just saw the score. What is going on? Someone give me a quick summary please.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
continuing the tradition of blowout losses in buffalo

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Laich, Brouwer and Burakovsky as the first line is what is part of the issue for this game.

The team so habitually looks for OV to pass to him that they are confused when he's not on the ice. Not to mention no Backstrom or Fehr.

Burakovsky, Kuznetsov and Johannson as the third line centre says a lot for me.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
It's going to be really funny when Kuznetsov goes from Calder candidate to quietly bailing back to the KHL.

Kuznetsov appears to shy from the hits. Once he gets over that intimidation he will be fine. He needs to use his speed and learn how to spin off guys.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
You really think he's gonna crash and burn that hard...?
Dunno. If he wasn't who he is, he'd be on the bubble.

Needless to say I guess but if the D gets depleted again they'll be just as bad as they were last year. Best case, this game gets Erskine cut and they scrounge the waiver wire for better depth.

Their habits on/with the puck are pretty bad overall. Not much in the way of players that are both hard on the puck and able to process the game well.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Ovechkin is a bad captain.

He should be a tsar or something. Most Caps players just should pay him some % from their contracts.

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
I'm not hitting the panic button on anyone in the preseason. To be honest kuz looks out of shape if anything.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'm not hitting the panic button on anyone in the preseason. To be honest kuz looks out of shape if anything.

How can we tell? Most of the guys out there are just coasting and puck-watching

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Honestly, many ppl here said it's a bad plan to pencil Kuz (finesse RW) to be 2C for Caps.

I'm all for trying him to accomodate in that slot if every other line is working OK. But... who are we kidding? It will be not easy.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Dunno. If he wasn't who he is, he'd be on the bubble.

Needless to say I guess but if the D gets depleted again they'll be just as bad as they were last year. Best case, this game gets Erskine cut and they scrounge the waiver wire for better depth.

Their habits on/with the puck are pretty bad overall. Not much in the way of players that are both hard on the puck and able to process the game well.

I feel like he's playing out of position if anything, but if he is a 2C having Laich and Brouwer on your line is completely wrong for him. They basically force him into a more grindy game and that will just never be his game. If they're set on him being a center I think he'll have a tough year regardless and, if that's the case, I'd much rather he be between Ward and Chimera who play that style a thousand times better then 21 and 20.

Let alone the fact 21 and 20 have NEVER been able to work together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad