GDT: Capitals @ Sabres | 10/1/14 | 7PM | CSN

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Byers dropped 5 times in that fight. And then on his knees covered his face in a sort of angelic pose.

No turtle in him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Stafford being credited with the second goal so it was tipped near bar height but presumably not reviewed.

Nice job by Carlson screening his own goalie on that play, too, after being caught up too high on a half-ass PK doubleteam. Well done.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I am a big fan of Kuz, but on that play the bottom line is, he stopped moving his feet.

For sure, it looks like he's thinking too much, it's what I wrote after his previous game, too.

He needs to.. WING it. And when in doubt, feet need to be moving.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
And yeah, Carlzners have also looked real bad. But I dunno, I am not worried about them. I can't imagine them all of a sudden regressing. They'll figure it out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I am a big fan of Kuz, but on that play the bottom line is, he stopped moving his feet.

For sure, it looks like he's thinking too much, it's what I wrote after his previous game, too.

He needs to.. WING it. And when in doubt, feet need to be moving.

Well in his meek defense the sabres announcers were just saying Buffalo was practicing that exact shot-pass off the pads this morning and pulling it off "perfectly". So Kuz was pretty much set up from the start and would've needed to make a really good defensive play (or have enough experience to expect it).

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
not really putting too much stock into these preseason games other than watching bura and kuzya, if they play like this in late november/early december then sound the alarms

Burakovsky95*

This game reminds me of last year. I'm having flashbacks.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Oh good, now Carlson and Alzner get to say they weren't on the ice for every goal against!

Well I guess Alzner does.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
caps d-men are turnover machines. forecheck away, everyone. free goals for all.

I think we're watching mostly the bubble team. These are the guys who BT needs to make decisions about. The idea is whoever sucks the least gets the benefit of the doubt. So far that's Bura and not much else.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
So! It's nice they are failing so early so Trotz could recognize there are much more problems.

And decide OV is good to go for 2 minutes in PP :)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
horrible turnover, mj90

this looks like the rebuild team minus ovie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad