GDT: Capitals @ Sabres | 10/1/14 | 7PM | CSN

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Brouwer, Laich, Conner, Newbury, Chimera, Ward, Wellman, Byers, Burakovsky, Mitchell, Johansson, Kuznetsov

Erskine, Alzner, Hillen, Wey, Carrick, Oleksy, Carlson

Grubauer, Holtby

vs

Matt Moulson – Tyler Ennis – Brian Gionta
Cody Hodgson – Mikhail Grigorenko – Drew Stafford
Marcus Foligno – Sam Reinhart – Chris Stewart
Zac Dalpe – Zemgus Girgensons – Brian Flynn

Josh Gorges – Tyler Myers
Mike Weber – Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe – Andre Benoit

Jhonas Enroth
Michal Neuvirth

Last edited:

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Brouwer, Laich, Conner, Newbury, Chimera, Ward, Wellman, Byers, Burakovsky, Mitchell, Johansson, Kuznetsov

Erskine, Alzner, Hillen, Wey, Carrick, Oleksy, Carlson

Grubauer, Holtby

vs

Matt Moulson – Tyler Ennis – Brian Gionta
Cody Hodgson – Mikhail Grigorenko – Drew Stafford
Marcus Foligno – Sam Reinhart – Chris Stewart
Zac Dalpe – Zemgus Girgensons – Brian Flynn

Josh Gorges – Tyler Myers
Mike Weber – Rasmus Ristolainen
Jake McCabe – Andre Benoit

Jhonas Enroth
Michal Neuvirth

Of course this is 30 min old news or so (maybe older who knows) but..

https://twitter.com/AdamVingan/status/517383613063917568/photo/1

however he will be playing in the middle tonight anyway.

Burakovsky95*

We're basically playing Buffalo's full strength team with our squad that would probably be capable of losing to an AHL team.

Burakovsky95*

Lines I assume:

Laich - Burakovsky - Brouwer
Chimera - Kuznetsov - Ward
Johansson - Wellman - Mitchell
Byers - Newbury - Conner

Defense is a mess.

Holtby/Grubauer probably go 40/20

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
We're basically playing Buffalo's full strength team with our squad that would probably be capable of losing to an AHL team.

It's an inverse of the first game where the only NHLers we played were Torrey Mitchell and Mike Weber (NHLers who should be scratches) off the top of my head. I think there was another 4th line type as well.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Did I totally dream the news that some preseason games would be on TV this year?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Did I totally dream the news that some preseason games would be on TV this year?

pretty much just the home games and games where they can double up Comcast/NBC broadcast crews from what I see. That's why we got Locker in the Philly booth. Not going to spend money sending full regular season crews on the road.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
pretty much just the home games and games where they can double up Comcast/NBC broadcast crews from what I see. That's why we got Locker in the Philly booth. Not going to spend money sending full regular season crews on the road.

Isn't CSN carrying our MSG feed like MSG carried the CSN feed during the first Caps-Sabres game?

Burakovsky95*

So what differentiates the Capitals from the Sabres is just Ovechkin and Backstrom? Obviously those 2 are big, but really?

Are you serious?

More like that half our lineup looks like this. Wellman, Mitchell, Byers, Newbury, Conner, Erskine, Hillen, Wey, Carrick, Oleksy, Grubauer

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

Yup. See that now. Got it here in HoCo w/Fios. Nice picture, too.

Thanks. It was gonna be madden 15 on the big screen and a stream on the laptop. If this game stinks I might be aiming a stream at the big screen.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Watch Holtby's head. He's actively seeking the puck at all times now. Like Korn has trained him to NEVER lose sight of it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
how can Buffalo have line passing leading to great chances but our scoring lines almost never even complete the passes let alone get a clean shot off.

And they score.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
freaky bounce off Carlson that was initially saved and then free runner at the rebound

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
how can Buffalo have line passing leading to great chances but our scoring lines almost never even complete the passes let alone get a clean shot off.

And they score.

Well, to be fair that is by far our best line, and one that has chemistry going back to last season (at least between Moulson and Ennis). Moulson and Ennis are our Ovechkin and Backstrom, to give you some perspective.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
that looked tipped, close to a high stick but just under the bar I think

bad start

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->