GDT: Capitals @ Rois. 10:30pm EST. 3.20.2014

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Halak's new mask.

BjLyebtCIAAHefL.jpg

Nice. After last game, I don't know what to think...

Of course, the Kings are much better on D than the Ducks (BB fire wagon!), so it probably goes poorly.

Is Quick starting?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
That might be my favorite Caps mask ever.

I always liked Don Beaupre's Capital dome one...but this one has it at the chin and the weagle up top. Good stuff.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
This "bandwagoner" has been on the wagon since 83 or so. I hurt as much as anyone watching this endless cycle of mediocrity and I certainly won't delight in the ass pounding I agree we'll probably receive tonight.

I guess I'm mellow though.

I'm pretty sure the "mellow SoCal bandwagoners" are the Kings fans.

That mask is pretty boss. However, if I'm a superstitious goalie (and I am), I've been playing well and winning and I don't change a damn thing.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
What's with the pessimism? Kings have been playing like crap last few games. And they've been having trouble scoring goals all year.

Then again, with Kings defense, we definitely run the risk of recording just 12 shots in this game.

Either way, the kids and I will be behind Caps bench in various items of Caps gear. Look out for us.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What's with the pessimism? Kings have been playing like crap last few games. And they've been having trouble scoring goals all year.

Then again, with Kings defense, we definitely run the risk of recording just 12 shots in this game.

Either way, the kids and I will be behind Caps bench in various items of Caps gear. Look out for us.

king's fan here.
I don't understand the pessimism of caps fans either. LA has been undisciplined all year and Washington's PP is fierce. Also Penner is a king killer so he is likely to score.
I think this cam comes down to LA staying out of the box

Gormley

Mar 18, 2014
Old Town
king's fan here.
I don't understand the pessimism of caps fans either. LA has been undisciplined all year and Washington's PP is fierce. Also Penner is a king killer so he is likely to score.

It's probably the 39 years of heartache and disappointment compounded with the fact that in 4 years we've gone from President's Winner to fighting for a play-off spot while mismanaging assets, blowing opportunities, failing to solidy the blueline, and generally wasting the best player who will ever put on a Caps jersey.

Other than that, good times in DC! :)

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
king's fan here.

I grew up watching the Caps, Oilers, Jets, and Kings. Pessimism is learned from inept management, playoff heartbreaks, and ownership. I try to be optimistic, but after 30 years I'm used to it. Always hoping for the best. In this case, I'm hoping the Caps become the 2012 Kings :).

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am not negative, I may be the only one putting money where my mouth is. F the "kings" trying to put us to sleep with the lowly ways.

We struggle to make it in every year post Bruce and our monster years. Ovi is the last guy walking into class as the late bell rings. It's how we roll. Slackers FTW.

Caps 3-2 Ovi 2PPG -2, of course. HaHaHalak.

gifs_07.gif

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
caps are about disappointing their fans whenever possible. here, convinced that three coup de grace L's are coming on the road trip of death and doom and hoping the failure will cause better things to happen...the caps are sure to sweep em. ruining everyone's day.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
caps are about disappointing their fans whenever possible. here, convinced that three coup de grace L's are coming on the road trip of death and doom and hoping the failure will cause better things to happen...the caps are sure to sweep em. ruining everyone's day.

au contraire. i will enjoy them winning should it continue. but if the out of town scores are any indication, it won't make any difference in the overall standings, making it a win-win for those seeking a change in the front office.

Vladiator16*

I'm staying up... Which means I'm hopeful, but this is an underdog game.
I'm getting ****ed up in process of waiting... Feel better about our chances :yo:

Life of a Caps fan... :laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I will be happy to make it through the 2nd period

In my yute i never missed a minute time zones be damned

A shout out to our European viewers, you are a dedicated group of fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad