Post-Game Talk: capitals @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It was a Pejorative Slur-tier statement by Burke, didn't really feel a need to adress it as I thought it was obvious.

E: The short form of the clinical term "mentally Pejorative Slur" is apparently not allowed.

I usually respect Burke’s views so can’t figure out why he’s so far out of touch (or pretended to be) in this situation.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Anyone hear Brian Burke on the XM Sat radio show this morning? This dinosaur was saying that the Rangers were lucky to win last night because they only put Mika out there with a minute left in the game so that he could get a 5th goal with an empty net. He said he hates when teams risk losing to give offensive players a chance for another cheap goal and that the Rangers should have iced their best defensive players. What a dope. Mika is one of our best defensive players.

Then he went on about how Ottawa was wrong to fire Little for cursing out his bosses. He said that he used to curse out his bosses all the time and that the NHL was like the military with tough people that use foul language all of the time. What a freaking dinosaur.
I've listened to that windbag plenty. He's a bitchy, annoying old crumudgeon of a dick in the mould of Don Cherry.

Reactions: nyrage

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I see we're arguing about goalies. I'm always one to defend goalies. A couple of those goals Georgiev allowed last night were straight trash. It's cool, it happens. Team picked him up.
I’m among the biggest goalie defenders on here and that was one of Georgiev’s worst games of the season. I had a post where I broke down my issues with the goals but from what we’ve come to expect from him that was at least 3 goals scored that he normally stops. Very off night for him. He seemed to be fighting it too, seemed tough picking up the puck and I noticed him not being as explosive cross crease as he normally is which is his biggest strength.

Lucky for him and us the offense bailed him out and we won.

That’s actually the second game of the season where Georgiev was horrible and we still won with him being bailed out by the offense, the come back in Montreal of course being the other.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I mean even good goalies have games where they make big stops but also let in some bad goals. (and I do think Georgiev is a good goalie)
The hard part of being a "good goalie" is that the bar is raised to the point where you're expected to make the big stops AND not let in the bad goals.
Igor has let in some bad goals as well but I feel like his game has been more consistent than Georgiev's which has some up and down from game to game or period to period at times

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Anyone hear Brian Burke on the XM Sat radio show this morning? This dinosaur was saying that the Rangers were lucky to win last night because they only put Mika out there with a minute left in the game so that he could get a 5th goal with an empty net. He said he hates when teams risk losing to give offensive players a chance for another cheap goal and that the Rangers should have iced their best defensive players. What a dope. Mika is one of our best defensive players.

Then he went on about how Ottawa was wrong to fire Little for cursing out his bosses. He said that he used to curse out his bosses all the time and that the NHL was like the military with tough people that use foul language all of the time. What a freaking dinosaur.

It makes you wonder how there people get paid to be analysts. Like sure Burke was a GM but that doesn’t qualify him to be an analyst if he’s not going to put in the effort to be knowledgeable.

Zibanejad is our top defensive center. How anyone would think he’s out there to try and preserve the lead only to get another goal is beyond me. That’s like saying Crosby shouldn’t be out in crunch time for the Pens. What is this moron smoking? That’s Milbury level analysis.

That dinosaur must be in the old school mindset that bottom sixers only play defense and top line guys only play offense. Anyone with even tertiary knowledge of the Rangers like bare minimum level knows that Zibanejad is PP1, PK1 and all tough matchups at 5v5. He does not get cupcake usage.

And I’m sure Burke got no pushback from his co hosts because sadly there are very few actual knowledgeable analysts. Burke’s cohosts Anthony Stewart and Jason York, two separate analysts who have said Lundqvist isn’t a hall of famer and is a playoff choker. Unreal garbage.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

LOL says the guy who traded #2OA for Phil Kessel. Dude probably hasn't watched a Rangers game since Phaneuf took out Sauer.

Reactions: nyrage

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I have absolutely no problem with Quinn putting Kakko on the 4th line for a bit. This is not the same 4th line that featured Haley (helloooooo?) and Smith. Kakko has been playing better lately and I’m sure the coaching staff will give Kakko encouragement to continue to stay on course and work on improving.
However Gauthier deserves a chance on a higher line and Quinn has no reason to mess with top two RW at this point. Interestingly, it seems they don’t look at LW vs RW as readily interchangeable positions either. We’ve seen how ineffective Kreider, Buchnevich or Lemieux were when put in a different wing spot. Kakko also has been exclusively a RW.
The fact is, Rangers are giving up more shots than anyone besides Chicago. Kakko is not good defensively. You need to put him on a line that can carry him defensively, because he's not there yet. That's the reason Quinn is not giving him time next to Zibanejad or Panarin, and rightfully so.

Reactions: kovazub94

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I've listened to that windbag plenty. He's a bitchy, annoying old crumudgeon of a dick in the mould of Don Cherry.
But he did push the everybody can play pride motivation. So people disagree sometimes, doesn’t mean you anyways have too, right?

edit: I’d also like to add that I am more old school and do question the sensitivity of things. But I’ll always hear someone out as much as I disagree with them.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Of course those who didn't won't like that argument. Those that did understand.
Just keep ignoring that an NHL goalie agrees with the point you keep arguing. You’re literally unbelievable at this point.

Can you address that Valiquette labeled it a low % goal? Or are you going to blatantly ignore it and keep screaming about “PLAYING THE GAME DURRRRRR”

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Just keep ignoring that an NHL goalie agrees with the point you keep arguing. You’re literally unbelievable at this point.

Can you address that Valiquette labeled it a low % goal? Or are you going to blatantly ignore it and keep screaming about “PLAYING THE GAME DURRRRRR”
So, I take it you never played? Yeah, didn't think so. I know you don't like to hear it, because its an argument for which you have no response other than DURRRR.
Anyway, Valli likes his little spreadsheets but that was not an easy stop to make. Georgiev drops to take away the bottom of the goal. Kovi rips a one timer from 25 feet. If it doesn't hit Georgiev, its in.
Do you think any human could react to a one timer coming in at, lets say 85 mph, from 25 feet? Nope.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
So, I take it you never played? Yeah, didn't think so. I know you don't like to hear it, because its an argument for which you have no response other than DURRRR.
Anyway, Valli likes his little spreadsheets but that was not an easy stop to make. Georgiev drops to take away the bottom of the goal. Kovi rips a one timer from 25 feet. If it doesn't hit Georgiev, its in.
Do you think any human could react to a one timer coming in at, lets say 85 mph, from 25 feet? Nope.
I’m not even claiming that it’s a bad goal. I’m saying your argument for why it isn’t is f***ing terrible, and then you literally invalidate your entire argument when you condescendingly say of Valiquette, an NHLer with 500x more talent than you, “likes his little spreadsheets”.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He was talking about something Georgiev needs to learn and he was like "I had to eventually learn it too."

Apparently not, Steve, you had 16 wins. :laugh:
f*** I cant believe thats it. I feel like he was our backup for a while...I guess Hank really did play THAT many games in those years

Reactions: Machinehead

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Said it in the other thread, this is about expected time for an athlete to return. 1-2 weeks post injury depending on how he felt. Basically he can go back as soon as he doesnt have pain at rest.

It probably isnt fully healed yet, but if he could wear a little extra padding it should be fine

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Said it in the other thread, this is about expected time for an athlete to return. 1-2 weeks post injury depending on how he felt. Basically he can go back as soon as he doesnt have pain at rest.

It probably isnt fully healed yet, but if he could wear a little extra padding it should be fine

He can also get all kinds of painkillers and whatever experimental healing drugs they can cram in him

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

You know Vali was once an NHL goalie, right?

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Finally settled on the new Avatar...

Attachments

• DB0AC8D8-A8B4-4F02-9AF2-3C5C44F7CD8A.jpeg
    DB0AC8D8-A8B4-4F02-9AF2-3C5C44F7CD8A.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 5

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yes, yes I do. Team plays a complete defensive game. Shuts down *checks notes* reigning SC champions, yet AG gives up a terrible goal to blow it. A bad goal is a bad goal is a bad goal.
This is the thing. Winning goalies give up their softies when it doesn’t matter. Bad goalies give up their bad goals at the worst times.

Reactions: bl02

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

I like Burke. As with any commentator, you take the bad with the good. But I agree, playing Mika at the end of regulation is not a problem at all. No idea the context on the other thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad