Post-Game Talk: capitals @ RANGERS

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
He's making a point in a humorous way to show you're being ridiculous.

I looked at the side view replay and slowed it down. Puck didn't dip. It hit a peak of height and pretty much stayed straight, there's no reason to allow such a rebound. It was unscreened slapper from the blue line, stop with the excuses.
The point is that this place can turn into a cesspool of nonsense really fast. If something doesn't go the teams way, its hot takes left and right.
You guys are crucifying a young goalie who has far exceeded expectations. I'm defending the guy trying to make the point that being an armchair qb is a joke. I mean someone actually came at me with the Kovi shot came in at 50. some shit degrees?? Are you kidding me? This isn't a video game.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
It's the HF Godwin's Law. As an HF discussion grows longer, the odds of: 'but do you even lift bra?' aka 'do you even hockeys LIRL?' grows exponentially larger.
Of course those who didn't won't like that argument. Those that did understand.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
Anyone hear Brian Burke on the XM Sat radio show this morning? This dinosaur was saying that the Rangers were lucky to win last night because they only put Mika out there with a minute left in the game so that he could get a 5th goal with an empty net. He said he hates when teams risk losing to give offensive players a chance for another cheap goal and that the Rangers should have iced their best defensive players. What a dope. Mika is one of our best defensive players.

Then he went on about how Ottawa was wrong to fire Little for cursing out his bosses. He said that he used to curse out his bosses all the time and that the NHL was like the military with tough people that use foul language all of the time. What a freaking dinosaur.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think he missed the net, it looked like Samsonov got a piece of it -- which makes it a really strange bounce. The game log had it as a shot on net, too.
I couldn't tell live or on the couple replays whether it was Samsonov or the side of the cage. It definitely hit something.

In the end it doesn't matter, as the important takeaway is that Kakko shot the damn puck.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I know your attempting to be funny, but you are just showing your ass.

They're not throwing baseballs out there, where you manipulate the ball with your delivery and how you grip it. The puck might dip a little, but if it is shot true, it ain't changing trajectory that much unless it's deflected.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
They're not throwing baseballs out there, where you manipulate the ball with your delivery and how you grip it. The puck might dip a little, but if it is shot true, it ain't changing trajectory that much unless it's deflected.
I can tell you, as can anyone else who has played the position, that pucks absolutely move. I don't know why and it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.
Same goes for certain players shot. You can put it on a gun and it reads 85mph, same as the next guy, but every time that puck hits you from the first guy, it hurts like hell. Some call it "heavy". Again, I don't know why, but it is a fact.

Reactions: egelband

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don't think he missed the net, it looked like Samsonov got a piece of it -- which makes it a really strange bounce. The game log had it as a shot on net, too.

It went thru samsonov between his pad and his hand sort of like the bad one Shesterkin gave up to Thornton couple weeks ago.

probably why he couldn’t get over quick enough he hesitated didn’t know if he had it or if it went in the net. Just that split second cost him.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Quinn has started to win me over in many ways, but his infatuation with Howden and the way he handled Lias is something I can't get past.

It's bad enough to be infatuated with a terrible player like AV with Glass, but I sincerely feel that he is derailing Howden's development with the way he coaches him.

I think at this point Quinn should get a benefit of a doubt re. his team / lineup management. Someone mentioned recently (maybe on TV) that if in the beginning of the season someone told you about this turnaround you’d assumed that Kakko is dominating the league and Lundqvist discovered a fountain of youth (and Trouba dominating) Nowhere near, none of these are part of equation. So finding he deserves a big credit for putting together a lineup where he was able to split two elite forwards and create a supporting cast of all of a sudden ppg players, not putting unnecessary pressure on Chytil and just letting him and Kakko to stay comfortably protected on a 3rd line.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Anyone hear Brian Burke on the XM Sat radio show this morning? This dinosaur was saying that the Rangers were lucky to win last night because they only put Mika out there with a minute left in the game so that he could get a 5th goal with an empty net. He said he hates when teams risk losing to give offensive players a chance for another cheap goal and that the Rangers should have iced their best defensive players. What a dope. Mika is one of our best defensive players.

Then he went on about how Ottawa was wrong to fire Little for cursing out his bosses. He said that he used to curse out his bosses all the time and that the NHL was like the military with tough people that use foul language all of the time.
What a freaking dinosaur.
I rarely agree with Burke, but without knowing much about this specific situation I can agree with his general sentiment there. Hypersensitive HR culture is anathema to the masculine spirit.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Yup Samsonov definitely had to make a save. the rebound off the boards was pretty strange

It went thru samsonov between his pad and his hand sort of like the bad one Shesterkin gave up to Thornton couple weeks ago.

probably why he couldn’t get over quick enough he hesitated didn’t know if he had it or if it went in the net. Just that split second cost him.

he probably makes that save on Zbad if he could have pushed his pads across instead of oddly twisting and trying to get his stick/glove across.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I am an avid WFAN caller, I DEMAND they talk hockey a few times a year and encourage everyone to call up and DEMAND they talk more hockey. Just tell the call screener.

Well with Joe and Evan there in the afternoon drive slot, there is a MUCH better chance of hockey being discussed than it was Francesca...that’s for dang sure.

I mean shit other than the Cup run in ‘94 where he and the Maddog were forced to cover what was going on seeing the whole city was going goo goo ga ga for the Rangers just as much as the Knicks who were on their own fun ride to the NBA finals, Francesca never gave hockey the time of day.

At least Joe and Evan know their hockey maybe not as well as most of us do but they can at least talk Rangers and Islanders good enough.

Reactions: egelband and Embryo

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Okay, I'm done.
I'm dumber for trying to make a point to you guys. But keep going with your armchair QB schtick. "I scored 10 goals in mens league!"

Haha. And I’m one of the guys. Clearly looks like Georgiev was in the wrong position and moving down earlier than he should’ve. Sorry I stop. don’t want to make you feel dumber (per your post above :laugh:).

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I rarely agree with Burke, but without knowing much about this specific situation I can agree with his general sentiment there. Hypersensitive HR culture is anathema to the masculine spirit.

I think the main point of the post that somehow he felt a need to question Quinn’s decision to play Zibanejad protecting the lead at the end of the game. Apparently Burk doesn’t realize that Zibanejad is the team’s best defensive centerman as well. So his position on this is idiotic.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I think the main point of the post that somehow he felt a need to question Quinn’s decision to play Zibanejad protecting the lead at the end of the game. Apparently Burk doesn’t realize that Zibanejad is the team’s best defensive centerman as well. So his position on this is idiotic.
I was talking about the Little/Ottawa situation.

Blue Blooded

Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I know but it would be more interesting to us Rangers fans if you shared your views on the Zibanejad bit? :laugh:
It was a Pejorative Slur-tier statement by Burke, didn't really feel a need to adress it as I thought it was obvious.

E: The short form of the clinical term "mentally Pejorative Slured" is apparently not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->