Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers | Game 5 | 7:00 PM | May 8, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Time to move on. If anyone had said at the start that we'd be up 3-2 going home into Game 6, we'd have taken it.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Went back and watched the game before the winning goal. Bura was off the ice for 37 seconds before the goal was scored. Why exactly is the goal his fault? He half assed his dump in attempt right before he went off the ice? I don't see it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I thought Green should have come out and challenged. Instead he laid on the ice in front of Holtby far away from the play, and the guy never even shot it.

It was a lucky goal off Gleasons skate.

Lucky goals decide coin flip games.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'm sure Trotz and his staff love it when players give away the puck then bail on a line change going the other way. Yes there was a sustained attack, instead the puck should have been deep in the Rangers zone. Last comment on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm with you...kinda laughing at all the drama that's been spun. I feel confident we win at least 1 of the next 2.

In the past I would panic, but this year I'm pretty calm. The pressure is still on the Rangers and I expect Ovy will put on a performance next game. Wish we had Holtby back in the 80s and early 90s.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I see our top line on the rush expecting a scoring chance, but we dump and are lucky to cycle it for more than 10 seconds. We often don't even get a pass or shot to the goal. Almost like never a set play on the dump.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Please don't blow this, guys. Put these dummies away. Washington in 6. :yo:

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
I am not watching any more. I can't take this.

We are going to lose this series. I just feel it. It's the Caps.

If I am wrong so damn me, but I just feel it.

I can't take the heartache from these Caps anymore

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
It simply created a rush the other way that led to the goal. Brutal mistake. So that long. Should we whine about reffing instead of being honest?

GlenX could have pitched a tent and taken a nap he had so long with the puck. That rush was because of the intercept of GlenX's pass. Thats being honest and has nothing to do with the refs.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
You might as well. The Caps are in the middle of another choke and you're blaming the refs.
Well the refs took a goal away on a blown call and failed to waive off the GWG that was actual goaltender interference.

It wasn't a choke job. Even the goals the Rangers "scored" were lucky deflections.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
This is the first game I've missed this playoffs so I didn't really see the game (caught a few minutes live here and there). Heartbreaking. Being a fan sucks some times.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Stop blaming the damn refs. That doesn't advance us to the next round or put the cup in our hands

Jesus.

Just realize that we lost and we might lose the next 2 games okay?

It should have never gotten to this point.

The choke is in full effect

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Stop blaming the damn refs. That doesn't advance us to the next round or put the cup in our hands

Jesus.

Just realize that we lost and we might lose the next 2 games okay?

It should have never gotten to this point.

The choke is in full effect

While I agree with your full doom and gloom. Nothing we say has any bearing whatsoever on the series. So blame whoever we want. glenX, the refs, Holtby, the universe, John Wall for turning DC luck, Kreider, Baltimore, they all suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 19, 2008
I won a free jersey today, signed by the team, and I'm pissed because we blew an OT / 3rd period lead. Really sad. 2 minutes away from closing it out. 2 minutes.

The team plays better at home. The team has responded to playoff losses in New York by coming strong at a raucous Verizon Center and getting big wins. They can knock them out Sunday. But the Rangers are not going to go quietly. They didn't in Games 3 and 4. This is not a bad team. Closing them out is going to be extremely difficult. But it is possible.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I won a free jersey today, signed by the team, and I'm pissed because we blew an OT / 3rd period lead. Really sad. 2 minutes away from closing it out. 2 minutes.

The team plays better at home. The team has responded to playoff losses in New York by coming strong at a raucous Verizon Center and getting big wins. They can knock them out Sunday. But the Rangers are not going to go quietly. They didn't in Games 3 and 4. This is not a bad team. Closing them out is going to be extremely difficult. But it is possible.

Burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad