Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers Game 1 7:30 PM 4/30/15 MSG

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Yes - it only took one game in this series for me to be reminded how much I came to despise the Canucks during their Finals run a few years back. I came into that series expecting to root for Vancouver (they were playing the Bs for God's sake), but by Game 3, the combination of their cheap, weasel-like play together with their unrelenting whining about their opponents' physicality had me rooting for the Bruins like they were back in the Bobby Orr era.

He will work the league and the refs to try to neuter our team. Hopefully, his smug act has built up some ill-will with the refs over the years.

Its where Kesler and Burrows got their reps. AV has always done the "passive-aggressive" phsycological warfare against the refs.

He is totally smug.

It's only going to get worse for them because it clearly worked for Washington last night and you'd assume we double down on it.

The Rangers either wouldn't or couldn't get into the offensive zone home plate shaped area. You're not going to win a 7 game series against Holtby from the edges.

I can't wait until games 3-4 when Nash is going to be absolutely blanketed with Orpik.

Yeah we weren't even as physical as we were against the Isles but yet their reporters, bloggers, fans and team are already whining.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Maybe that Carlson penalty early in the game, was exactly what we needed. Hit their top dog on offense right in the mouth.

It was Orpik, and I agree our PK seems to be generating a lot of momentum for us.

I think he was referring to the Carlson interference when Nash chipped the puck by him and was going for a shorthanded chance.

The Orpik hit (also on Nash) by the side of the net, which was a beaut, was not penalized.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
3oguwe.jpg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

The Orpik hit (also on Nash) by the side of the net, which was a beaut, was not penalized.

That was one of my favorite plays of the game. He tried to walk out front on Orpik. Freaking hilarious. What was he thinking? Sit down, son.

I guess that is him stepping up his game for the playoffs. Rangers fans do not seem impressed.

We need a gif author.

Sword

May 26, 2014
The Caps is obviously the more physical team of the two, I say tire them out like the Kings did last year. Although, I picked them to make and lose in the finals, the Rags are actually much weaker than they were last year, they're not the same without Brian Boyle and Pouliot. If there's one team that can take them out in the East, it's the Caps.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Game 2 is crucial. I'm fairly confident we can win the games at Verizon Center, it would be so good to head back to DC with a 2-0 lead.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Have the capitals stated that they are using the classic road whites for all away games in the playoffs? I don't think they've played their regular road whites but someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Have the capitals stated that they are using the classic road whites for all away games in the playoffs? I don't think they've played their regular road whites but someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Yes they put out a report about using them for the rest of the playoffs.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

They ditched the regular white jersey for the playoffs. They should just permanently ditch it, the Winter Classic white is a lot nicer.

I want to see them wear the 2015 WC jersey next year. The deep red and the white stripes are gorgeous. Socks and pants are beautiful too.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Game 2 is crucial. I'm fairly confident we can win the games at Verizon Center, it would be so good to head back to DC with a 2-0 lead.

I think 4th game is critical. We should just make sure our volume of work is good in 2nd and 3rd games. 4th should be a win.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Does anyone have any gifs or videos of the bench celebrating after any of these big games?

I would love to see Ovi doing his amazing dance yesterday too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad