The only thing known about the opponent's lineup:

No Callahan

2cftchl.gif

fixed :)

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Excellent.

I couldn't sleep much last night. This right here is intense.

Just making it out of this round would be a huge deal, y'know, from a historical perspective. Up against what is in my mind the most-hated team. The opportunity to take out a Presidents' Trophy-winner. An original six team. New York. I'm all wound up and ready to go.

Apr 6, 2004
Would be nice to have Fehr back at some point... Any word?

Joe B made on 106.7 this morning made it sound like he's still a bit away, working with strength & conditioning coach and had some other nagging injuries prior to the hit.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Until we need him otherwise, I don't want Fehr back until he can hit. Otherwise, he will likely be knocked out of the game and we will be left shorthanded.

Acquiring Glencross seems like a fine idea now, with Fehr out. Most it seems prefer Bura in Hershey, but I dont mind him in the lineup, but know he can't fill Fehrs 20G gap.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I fully expect the Caps, now that their psyche and confidence are straightened away, will bring the pain tonight. I feel victory is in the air.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Quick start boys...Rangers might be a little rusty with their long layoff...we can't be the only team that sucks with long layoffs...Saturday is a matinee so very little hope for a win in game 2.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Begin the process of breaking Klein, Yandle and Boyle tonight. Klein is barely healed since the last time Ovie broke him and Yandle has been playing through miscellaneous injuries.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
I would normally say this is a big game and they need to come out with their best and make a statement which sets the tone for the rest of the series, but they came out and laid an egg in the first game against the Isle and won it in 7 so I don't know how this team functions.

Just win the series.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Begin the process of breaking Klein, Yandle and Boyle tonight. Klein is barely healed since the last time Ovie broke him and Yandle has been playing through miscellaneous injuries.

Klein heh? He was off my radar.

Yandle, check. Boyle, age check, check.

With Boston out, we are the beasts from the East, and should play that way. Let Orp and Holt handle the back, otherwise, crush their offense by destroying their defense. I find it ironic if Tanner "Glass" is their heavy. Shatter that too.

Limiting Wilson's TOI?

This does not help our mission.

#T2

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I would normally say this is a big game and they need to come out with their best and make a statement which sets the tone for the rest of the series, but they came out and laid an egg in the first game against the Isle and won it in 7 so I don't know how this team functions.

Just win the series.

Pivotal game 1. :sarcasm:

I'm interested to see how they come out. Are they going to keep up the aggressiveness we saw in the last 3 or so games from the Isles series? Or they gonna come out all passive and flat.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We need to prepare to lose the 2 day games, which means we have to win 4 night games. We only have 5 night games to try to win, so we better get started.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Klein heh? He was off my radar.

Yandle, check. Boyle, age check, check.

With Boston out, we are the beasts from the East, and should play that way. Let Orp and Holt handle the back, otherwise, crush their offense by destroying their defense. I find it ironic if Tanner "Glass" is their heavy. Shatter that too.

Limiting Wilson's TOI?

This does not help our mission.

#T2

Was listening to NHL pregame yesterday for Bolts and Wings. They were discussing the Caps Rags series and Milbury and Jones both were saying the Caps are the unique team in the east that plays big.

The both further said that the style of play will affect the Rangers and that the Caps need Moar Wilson. They were jocking Wilson.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Was listening to NHL pregame yesterday for Bolts and Wings. They were discussing the Caps Rags series and Milbury and Jones both were saying the Caps are the unique team in the east that plays big.

The both further said that the style of play will affect the Rangers and that the Caps need Moar Wilson. They were jocking Wilson.

Wilson needs to get in their heads right off the bat.

If he needs to take a penalty or two, so be it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad