Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers - December 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
I actually think we've played well offensively the last few weeks. Kreider, Miller, even Boyle are starting to contribute offensively.

Absolutely, we have been scoring, contributions coming from all over. However the othe team ALWAYS scores more goals than we do, no matter what. And that's the crux of the matter right there.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Too many problems to even discuss rofl.

Are there really?

I like the way our offense is playing.

Defense and goaltending is the problem recently. At least we can say two regular defenseman have been out injured. Maybe the defense gets better when they get back healthy? Hank, I find it really hard to believe the best goalie in the world for many years is now an AHL goaltender, all of a sudden, but he's not playing well recently. I think he'll turn it around soon.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
he's about the best physical/scoring player there is out there so I can't imagine who a fair replacement would be

That's why I said it would be a pipe dream. I don't want another aging overpaid player.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Actually, quite a few people thought Skjei would come in and replace Girardi the second he hit the ice.

And the defense is quite a bit worse without him. It's a big difference, too.

Did you miss that entire Canada trip by chance?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Summer of 2015. The opportunity was there to trade for youth. Take a step back. Reopen the window next year and beyond.

They chose not to do this. Now this year AND the future is in jeopardy.

Hope this group of guys turns it around. They need to go back to fundamentals. They're totally out of whack.

Agreed. Trading Nash while his value was highest would have net a Kings ransom, especially if they could forecast the Canadian dollar dropping (newsflash, everyone could)... THey should have held off on extending Staal last season to see what the options were before July 1st of this year...

These guys have a lot more information than we do.. this is inexcusable...

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Woof, that was just horrendous, especially in our own zone. Stepan needs to get his timing back, he whiffed some A grade chances. I kind of feel sorry for Summers, it is not his fault that the Rangers are cap space strapped and he's not NHL quality.

Some (minor) positives:
- miller's goal
- etem looked better
- glass looked ok
- McI continues to impress
- the Pepperidge farm pic in the GDT

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Something is very off with this team. Once some sort of defensive breakdown results in a goal, the wheels fall off and they dig themselves in an even deeper hole. It's almost like they know it's coming and they can't do anything to stop it.

AV and the coaching staff can pore over tapes and shuffle the lines all they want, but the players obviously aren't responding to it. It's weird that there haven't been any closed door meetings, bag skates, or GM visits to the locker room, these are the things you typically see when a team has struggled like this for so long. More involvement may be needed from the coaching staff and the front office to figure out how to get this team to stop imploding.

Hayes is having a Del Zotto-esque sophomore season, he thinks he's hot **** after a good rookie year and is going through the motions. Del Zotto got sent down during his sophomore year and so should Hayes if this keeps up, but I doubt AV will resort to such a drastic measure.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Woof, that was just horrendous, especially in our own zone. Stepan needs to get his timing back, he whiffed some A grade chances. I kind of feel sorry for Summers, it is not his fault that the Rangers are cap space strapped and he's not NHL quality.

Some (minor) positives:
- miller's goal
- etem looked better
- glass looked ok
- McI continues to impress
- the Pepperidge farm pic in the GDT
- nev's unrelenting defence of Hank regardless of anything

That's not a positive.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I want to be cheerful but I just cant.

Can AV please STOP NEUTERING OUR SCORING CAPACITY

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Actually, quite a few people thought Skjei would come in and replace Girardi the second he hit the ice.

And the defense is quite a bit worse without him. It's a big difference, too.

JUST girardi--sure... meaning Girardi relegated to 3rd pairing duties, which isn't seemingly possible at this point.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
This game included, Miller's been considerably better than Hayes and Kreider in the last two months.

I find including him amongst them in disappointments isn't fair.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
That's why I said it would be a pipe dream. I don't want another aging overpaid player.

That's what I'm getting at............does this player you want to trade Nash for actually exist?

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Did you miss that entire Canada trip by chance?

Or the entire season lol. We literally have 3 defenseman battling out for worst defenseman in the league lol.

The only defenseman thats gone that is on the Rangers that could help this defense is Klein, and he certainly isn't a Bobby Orr.

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
Something is very off with this team. Once some sort of defensive breakdown results in a goal, the wheels fall off and they dig themselves in an even deeper hole. It's almost like they know it's coming and they can't do anything to stop it.

AV and the coaching staff can pore over tapes and shuffle the lines all they want, but the players obviously aren't responding to it. It's weird that there haven't been any closed door meetings, bag skates, or GM visits to the locker room, these are the things you typically see when a team has struggled like this for so long. More involvement may be needed from the coaching staff and the front office to figure out how to get this team to stop imploding.

Hayes is having a Del Zotto-esque sophomore season, he thinks he's hot **** after a good rookie year and is going through the motions. Del Zotto got sent down during his sophomore year and so should Hayes if this keeps up, but I doubt AV will resort to such a drastic measure.

I like this. Right on pointe. Well said.:yo:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I said after both games he played that Skjei was awful. -21 in corsi in two games.

I'm clearly talking about before he played the games. All we heard prior to him being called up was how he'd instantly replace Girardi or Staal. Instantly improve the team tenfold. It is pretty funny looking back on that crap now.

Skjei will be good. But he certainly isn't replacing Girardi right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad